² ★ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔢𝔫 ★

A NAKED ALIEN STANDING IN THE KITCHEN WAS NOT WHAT DJ EXPECTED TO BE GREETED WITH WHEN SHE WENT TO HAVE HER BREAKFAST

But there was the half-Kryptonian, clothes-less, standing right by Gar, who was drinking his coffee out of the whole pot and eating a four-day old slice of pizza.

DJ immediately stopped in her tracks and put a hand over her eyes. "Uh, h-h-hi. I guess y-you're awake." She said awkwardly, hearing the slap of his bare feet against the cold floor as he turned to her.

"Hi, I'm Conner." A few footsteps signalled he was walking over to her.

She took a large step back. "Uh, let's ju-just, let's just keep our dist-st-stance. Like, unti-i-il you get-t-t some clothes."

"Clothes." Conner repeated. "Where do I get those?"

DJ sighed and moved her hand enough to still cover his private area, but enough to where she could survey his torso. "You seem like-like you-you could be about Dick's siz-z-ze. Hold on, a-and I'll g-g-get you som-me, alright?"

"Wait." Gar hissed, not wanting to be left alone with the naked alien standing a few feet away from him.

DJ ignored him with a snicker, and walked back down the hall that led to the bedrooms. Dick's was a ways away from hers, most of the other occupants opting to have rooms far away from DJ and Jason's for noise-reasons.

There was still half a closet of clothes in Dick's room. There wasn't a great selection, according to DJ's sense of style, but picked out what she thought would suit the new boy. Picking out a Clark Kent-esque outfit, she made her way back to the kitchen, turning her head away when she walked back to Conner.

Staring somewhere else, DJ handed the arm full of clothes to the boy, who took them gratefully. She turned around while he got changed, grimacing and waiting until he was finished.

"Al-l-lright. Th-that's better." DJ said, spinning around and giving the new boy a welcoming grin. "Hi, I'm-I'm-I'm DJ."

Conner matched her grin with a bright smile. "Nice to meet you."

DJ already liked the newcomer. He seemed to radiate innocence and warmth, something she felt like was needed as of late. Gar introduced himself once he realized that Conner was now clothed. DJ frowned and placed her hands on Gar's shoulders, moving him to arm's length and surveying his clothes.

"It's-it's like, el-eleven-en and y-y-you're not even-en dressed yet." She said scoldingly, sounding scarily close to her siblings.

"Sorry, mom." Gar said, both eyebrows flying up sarcastically.

DJ immediately pulled her hands back and glared. "Shut th-the fuck up, Tiger Boy. Now get-get fucking ch-changed i-i-into clean-n-n clothes."

"One new person to take care of, and you turn into interim-mom." Gar said, shaking his head as he walked back down the hallway to his room.