★ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 ★

SIDNEY WAS REALLY RESENTING THE FACT THAT LAUREL AND OLIVER JUST HAD TO HAVE A DAUGHTER.

She put the needle through her skin again, weaving it over the cut in her skin, sewing it together, and not understanding why she loved DJ enough to go head-first into an asylum overrun by criminals.

DJ was still a little out of it when they got back to the safe house, so Sidney fussed over her and made sure she was physically alright for five full minutes. DJ only got her to stop when she called her 'mom.' Then Sidney backed off and let her sister get some rest. (She did, of course, walk her the entire way to her bedroom, and almost tried to tuck her in.)

But then Sidney realized just how many injuries she had sustained, and she was considering going back into DJ's room and smothering her with a pillow.

DJ really made some shitty decisions. Literally terrible. Sidney loved her with all her heart, but she really felt like punching her youngest sister.

Sidney didn't get much sleep, staying up, trying to calm her mother down enough to assure her that both DJ and Sidney were okay, and there was no need to send Connor to bring them home. Sidney might have been a little injured, but she couldn't deny that a part of her loved that dangerous side of her life. And she could practically feel DJ's excitement at any action the group did, and she didn't want to pull her away from that, not after she had been cooped up in Queen Manor for so long, depressed and feeling useless while the rest of her family went out and risked their lives for Star City.

DJ didn't sleep for long, and went out into the living room where Sidney was just finishing up her self-done stitches. DJ grimaced at the blood dripping down her oldest sister's arm.

"Are you okay?" DJ asked, sitting down next to her sister.

"I'm planning on murdering you, but other than that, I'm good." Sidney answered, setting the sewing needle aside and wiping a cloth around the cut, wiping away the stray blood.

"You didn't have to come." DJ said. "Don't blame me because you like adventure just as much as I do."

Sidney scoffed. "Yeah, you're welcome for saving your life."

DJ smirked. "Was my 'thank you' not evident?"

"Well, I updated mom and dad." Sidney said. "I figured they would start yelling at you if you kept having to tell them about more of your shitty decisions."

"What did they say?" DJ asked.

"That we're both dangerously anti-self-preservation." Sidney answered. "But they're not angry at us. Just worried, and wanted to know when we'd be back. Apparently the Justice League mission is almost over."

DJ sighed. She already figured that Dick was probably pulling the plug on their little team, and unless DJ could get Gar and Rachel to come to Star City with her, she probably wasn't going to be around them that often. DJ figured that Gar knew that, too, because the entire way back to the safe house, he was uncharastically quiet. DJ, who had spent pretty much her entire life without friends outside of her family, at least not ones she met everyday, was entirely depressed at the fact that her possibly her best friend was going somewhere else in the world, far away from her.