² ★ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢 ★

IN SOME WAY, DJ WAS THANKFUL HER HEAD WAS POUNDING

She felt as though if she could focus on anything else except for how much pain she was in, the reality of where Jason was would begin to weigh on her and she would break down.

Walking on her own still wasn't an option for her so Gar had helped DJ the entire way back to Titans Tower. The walk was mostly done in silence, with the exception of Gar asking his friend if she was okay even three minutes.

Honestly, 'okay' seemed like a fever dream to DJ, but she still answered that she would be fine, that it was just an injury, and it would heal. They just needed to get back to the others, find Jason. But DJ seriously felt like she was about to faint every time she took a step, so while she lied to Gar, she was trying to ease her own panic. Letting Gar know that she wasn't actually doing so great was not an option. For the same reason she was trying to keep it together about Jason being kidnapped. Panic wasn't going to get them anywhere.

When they finally got to Titans Tower, Gar was going to take her straight to the medical room, but DJ insisted on letting her walk herself to the computer room so she could get a jump on looking for Jason. While Gar disagreed wholeheartedly with the idea of DJ somehow getting to the computer by herself, he had his own side mission. So he let DJ hobble her own way to where she wanted to go while he went and woke up Rachel.

DJ was limping so slow that she had only turned on and put the password into the computer by the time she had company in the tech room. Gar had brought not just Rachel, but Dick. DJ's jaw clenched in annoyance, but it was still painful to talk so she held back on any snarky comments for the time being.

In her mind, she blamed a lot of what had happened in the subway tunnels on Dick. If he hadn't made Jason feel like such a reject, or like he had something to prove, he would have thought twice about going under the city with almost no backup. Or maybe she would have won her fight against Deathstroke if she had any form of training in the last three months against anyone else but the same three people.

"DJ, why are you bleeding?" Dick asked as soon as he saw her in the chair.

"Why am I what?" She asked, immediately putting a hand to the back of her head. The feeling of drying blood matting in her hair made her grimace. She did feel a bit dumb for not considering the fact that she was bleeding, but in her defense, she could barely form a thought for the first ten minutes after getting chokeslammed.

"Rachel, can you go get Sidney?" Dick asked, turning to the younger girl. Rachel nodded, then went to get DJ's oldest sister.

DJ groaned. Sidney would definitely yell at her. Yelling was not what she needed for a head injury.

Rachel returned a minute later with the oldest Queen daughter in tow.

"DJ, Rachel said you were hurt. What happened?" She asked concerningly.