Trouble- Part 2/2

Read part 1 first. ⚠️trigger warning for suicide⚠️
****************************************************************************************************Steve's POV***
Tony hadn't been doing well for a while, I could tell. But he wanted to stay strong in front of Peter, after all, he was Peter's hero. I had informed Bruce of my conversation with Tony and he agreed that it was best to leave Tony alone for a while. "Do you fancy a game of cards?" I asked Peter, patting him on the back. Peter nodded enthusiastically, "does anyone else want to play?" Natasha, Clint, Bucky, Bruce and myself all agreed and, soon enough, we were engaged in a game of Whist.
     We had hardly noticed when thirty minutes had passed until we heard Jarvis' voice ring out through the room. "Excuse me, but it appears Mr Stark has suffered from a purposeful overdose in his en-suite bathroom. His vitals alert me to the fact that he has stopped breathing a few seconds ago." My heart froze as my mind began to race. Lurching to my feet, I screamed for Bruce to grab his medical equipment. I hardly noticed Peter's eyes begin to flood with tears as he ran after me.
      "Tony," I managed to whisper upon seeing the billionaire collapsed on the floor. I threw myself next to him and began to turn his head over, in an effort to clear his airway. "Come on Tony, take a breathe, Tony." I mumbled over and over, pummelling his chest in some sort of CPR manner.
"Move, get Peter out of here." Bruce instructed, pushing us out of the room, in order to begin work on getting Tony breathing again.
      "Mr Rogers, sir, what happened?" The sixteen year old asked fearfully, as I wrapped him in a hug.    "Tony has struggled with substance abuse his entire life, just making his PTSD and depression worse. He didn't want you to know, he didn't want you to think less of him." I told Peter earnestly, my heart slowly breaking as the Teen let out a dry sob. "I would never think less of him, he's the closest thing to a father I have."
"I know, kiddo. It's going to be ok."
     I led Peter back to the lounge as we all began the waiting game, the world seemed to slow. That was, until Bruce Banner entered the lounge, with tear stained cheeks. "I did everything I could. It wasn't enough." He broke down into sobs, as the news echoed around the team, shocking everyone to the core. Natasha jumped to her feet and muttered something in Russian before leaving the room. Clint and Thor remained quiet and Scott went to console Bruce. Bucky and I, however, noticed Peter and headed towards him. "He's gone?" Peter whispered, his voice breaking. Bucky hugged him quickly before Peter cried out, "where am I going to go? Mr Stark was the only family I had. I have no one."
"Hey hey hey, kid. You're going to have us. We're always going to be your family and Tony will never be forgotten." I told Peter sternly, hugging him tightly.
    It was safe to say that Tony's loss devastated the team and separated us all more than ever, however, when it came to Peter, everyone was in agreement that he was now everyone's responsibility and priority; becoming everyone's teenage son...