Poisoned~ Part 1/2

Hey everyone, thanks so much about understanding that I'm revising and am a bit time pressured! Enjoy xx
*************************************************************************************************
It was a Tuesday lunchtime and Peter was sat in the cafeteria with his best friends, Ned and MJ. "Hey, loser!" He heard MJ retort, trying to catch his attention.
"Hm?" Peter replied absentmindedly, his nose stuck in his calculus text book.
"I asked if you had a double study period next?" Peter nodded and Ned sighed loudly,                                  "lucky. Are you going home then?"
"I think so, why?" MJ and Ned exchanged knowing glances.
     "I just heard that the Avengers were getting some threats earlier today, we just want you to be careful dude." Ned explained gently and Peter shrugged.
"Neither Dad nor Uncle Steve told me anything about it, so I'm not worried. I'll text you guys when I get home, to be safe though." Peter replied and they both smiled, the conversation began to drift back to normal.
     After they had finished lunch, Peter grabbed his books and bag and headed towards Stark Tower, also known as, his home. The walk home was simple and the sixteen year old had done it numerous times before. However, there was one part of the walk that never failed to make his palms go sweaty. It was an old alleyway that wasn't very long, but was very narrow and dark, even in day time. Keeping his head low and his pace quick, he turned the corner and began the short walk through the alleyway to the main high street.
     Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, Peter saw a man dressed in black, with a singular white glove on his right hand. Freezing, Peter and the stranger locked eyes. "Sorry kid," the stranger drawled, his accent seemed to come from somewhere near New Orleans. Stepping aside, Peter watched as the man began to hurry past him.
     All of a sudden, Peter saw the stranger reach towards him with his gloved hand, something glistening in it, and prick his neck. Crying out, Peter couldn't manage to bring himself to fight back as, almost as soon as he had registered the pain, the man had disappeared as soon as he had come. Feeling the world beginning to slow, Peter's breathing became heavier and more laboured, as he slid down against the brick wall of the alleyway. I'll close my eyes, just for a moment. He thought to himself, his eyelids beginning to flicker shut.
     Two hours later, Tony Stark was raging at Steve Rogers. "It's ridiculous Steve!"
"God, Tony, calm down! He's allowed to spend time with his friends."
"He should have called us, it's just annoying. What if I had cooked a five course meal and it was going cold?" Tony complained, but Steve just scoffed at him.
"You? Cook? You've got to be kidding me. Anyway, Pete's a teenager, it's what they do."
     Just as Steve uttered these words, there was a sharp ringing from Tony's cell. "It's Ned," Tony rolled his eyes. "Ned, send my kid home now. He's almost two hours late."
"What? He's not home?"
"No...he's with you?" The dry humour from Tony's voice had disappeared in a flash.
"I haven't seen him for nearly two hours, he said he was going to text us when he arrived safely at home! We were just checking!" Ned exclaimed, the anxiety clear in his voice.
"So no one has seen him in two hours?" Tony tried to get his facts straight, even though his mind was racing at 100 miles per hour.
     "Ned, get here now." Tony muttered, hanging up on Ned and turning to face Steve. "You don't think...?" Tony trailed off, unable to form the words.
"The threat messages said 'look out'. What if it wasnt just an empty threat but, rather, a warning?" Steve asked, pressing an emergency SOS meeting button throughout the building for the team to get to the lounge ASAP. "No, no way." Tony shook his head but Steve looked unsure.                                             "There's only one fact we know for certain," he began but Tony knew exactly what he was going to say. "Peter's missing..."