Sensory Overload

***7:00 AM- Friday- Queens***
Peter Benjamin Parker, lived a very average life, that is, for a superhero. He lived with his Aunt May in their flat in Queens, and went to school with his two best friends, MJ and Ned. He also loved to visit his mentor, Tony Stark, every Friday after school and stay for the weekend whilst helping his with projects.
     "Peter, hunny, breakfast!" He heard his aunt May practically bellow. He groaned and rolled over, clapping his hands over his ears. "S'alright, May." He mumbled incoherently, squinting his eyes open slightly. The sun streaming in through his window was almost blinding, when it hit him. Today was a sensory overload.
     Peter got this around once every two months, and was one of the only major negative side effects from the spider bite he received a year ago. Everything was twice as loud, twice as bright, there were twice as many powerful smells, and all of his emotions were drastically heightened. He often missed school when they occurred, but given that he'd been missing so much because of patrols lately, he thought it wise to power through the pain.
     "Peter!" He heard Ned cry, gently touching his best friend on the shoulder. Peter jerked his head upwards and winced, "Ned, I have an awful headache. Just keep it down for a bit, ok?" He managed to get the words out, suppressing the nausea from the brightness of the fluorescent hallway lights of high school. "Sorry, dude. Are you going to be ok for the chemistry test with Harris?" Peter shrugged and continued trudging towards the chemistry lab, keeping his head down, with some quiet and calming music playing in his headphones.
     "Ok class, take a seat. Pencils out and begin!" Mr Harris instructed almost ten minutes later and Peter flipped over the page. Normally he would have aced this test, but he couldn't seem to get past the first question. Define an Alloy (2 marks) Peter looked at the clock and back down at the paper. There was no way in hell he would be able to do this. "Mr Harris, I'm so sorry. Can I visit the bathroom quickly?" Mr Harris rolled his eyes in annoyance but finally nodded, so Peter quickly grabbed his stuff and headed out of the door.
     Walking towards reception, he texted his Aunt May and asked her to bring him home, to which she was happy to do. "Excuse me, my aunt is coming to take me home as I don't feel well." Peter explained, avoiding eye contact and resisting the urgent gag on the overpowering scent of perfume. "Sure thing, take a seat."
"Oh, and can you please tell Mr Harris that I will retake the test on Monday?" He wondered aloud, to which the receptionist smiled and replied, "of course."
     Pulling out his phone, he texted onto the Avenger's group chat, letting them all know that he wouldn't be joining.
                                                                 Thursday Evening- 11:50 pm
Thor: Irrelevant, man of iron, you're simply not worthy.
Tony: We all know that I am beyond worthy, Thor. Because I'm awesome.
Steve: I guess we'll never know, so you can all be quiet!
Clint: I know one way we can settle this...
Natasha: Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Barton?
Natasha and Clint: Fight! Fight! Fight!
                                              Guys! It's literally 11:50 pm on a school night! SHUT UP!- Me (Peter Parker)
The Team: Sorry Pete, night!
                                                                Friday Morning (now)- 9:50 am
                                            I'm not going to be able to make it tonight, team. Sorry :(- Me (Peter Parker)

     Peter briefly heard his aunt May's car pull up, so he practically dragged himself into it, waiting patiently until they arrived home and collapsed into bed...

***Four Hours Later***
Peter awoke, feeling a lot better and managed to open his eyes. Upon doing so, he noticed a note taped to the back of his door. His curiosity peaking, he looked and beamed as he saw who it was from.
Hi Kid,
I stopped by to check you were ok, I figured about the sensory stuff, I realised a few months ago, so I decided to let you sleep. I spoke to Ned and MJ, they're going to bring all of your catch-up by tomorrow afternoon and May said you could stay over at ours tomorrow night if you're feeling up to it.
I missed seeing you today, Pete, but hopefully you feel better soon.
- Tony
     Peter felt a weight being lifted off his shoulders as he crawled back into bed and allowed the soothing sensation of sleep to overcome him again...