Broken Hearts- Part 3/3

Enjoy! <3
*************************************************************************************************
Jonah awoke with a sigh, but smiled when he saw his boyfriend sleeping peacefully next to him. The Avengers Tower was pretty quiet, Jonah only heard a few muffled voices every few moments, but none were loud enough to wake Peter. "Baby," Jonah stroked his boyfriend's cheek and Peter's eyes flickered open. "Hmm? Jonah?"
"Hi," Jonah beamed.
"Good morning, did you sleep well?" Peter asked and Jonah nodded,
"What did your dad say last night whilst I was falling asleep?" Jonah began before he was interrupted suddenly. "Peter! Come on! We're needed downtown! Aliens!" The boys heard Tony's cries and immediately Peter jumped out of bed. "Jarvis! Suit!" He called out and Jonah could do nothing but watch in confusion.
"Peter, baby, wait!" But Peter had already fled from the room, forgetting his boyfriend was still in the bed.
     Jonah's green eyes flashed with a glimmer of nerves, as he grabbed a spare jumper from Peter's closet and headed out of the bedroom door. "Hello? Anyone home?" He called out and, to his dismay, there was no response. He understood that the Avenger's job was to fight crime but he hadn't realised the crime involved aliens. He just had to make sure Peter was ok.
     The streets were pretty desolate, except the stray person who would run in the opposite direction that Jonah was walking in. "Woah," Jonah breathed as an unfamiliar sight met his eyes. Tony, Pepper, and Peter were all in the sky, with Clint, Nat, Steve and Bucky all taking down soldiers on the ground. "Pete! Duck!" He heard someone yell as he looked up and saw his boyfriend plummeting towards the ground in front of him. "Peter!" Jonah yelled, rushing to Peter's side.
"Jonah," Peter coughed, pulling off his mask as blood began dripping from his nose. "What the hell are you doing here, baby? It's not safe, get out of here!"
"No! Not until you leave with me!" Jonah protested, terrified that Peter may become gravely injured.
"Jonah, they're my family, it's my duty! Get the hell out of here!" Peter yelled, frustrated by Jonah's behaviour. "Not without you! Please, Peter, let's go home!"
     "Jonah! Look out!" Tony yelled, watching as a metal claw swiped towards the pair on the ground. Jonah simply didn't have enough time to move, as he was thrown through the air and smashed to the floor. Peter couldn't breathe. He couldn't breathe. There was no way that just happened.
"No, no, no, no, no, no," he muttered again and again and again as he ran to his boyfriend's side. Jonah was laid on his back, blood was pouring from on open wound on the back of his head, he eyes kept closing. "Jonah, baby, it's ok, you're ok." Peter mumbled, tears spilling from his eyes.
"Peter, I'm so sorry, I just needed to know you were safe."
"No, Jonah, I'm sorry. I love you. Please don't go, please, please," Jonah chuckled softly,
"You'll be ok," he whispered to Peter. The golden glints in his emerald eyes began to fade slowly until, as if blown out like a candle, Jonah's eyes closed for the last time.
    Peter Parker-Stark closed his eyes and began to play the game. The game was to count. Count all the people he had loved and lost. "Uncle Ben, Aunt May, John, Mary, Jonah. Jonah. My Jonah." He thought, his head was spinning and he felt sick. He had lost his entire world in the space of two minutes. He couldn't imagine how it would be to carry on without Jonah, his heart felt as though it had cracked in two and his world had crumbled....