Chapter Seventeen: Faith

Mabel's Pov

*Knock Knock*

"Sweetie....... I know your upset about Dipper, but we need you to come out, we....... we have to talk......." My Grunkle pleaded at the other side of my door but I remained silent. He sighed and walked away, leaving me to my thoughts. I thought about Dipper and all that had happened, and I couldn't help but cry. It had been two weeks since Dipper died and Bill took him away, we haven't seen him since. After the incident my Grunkles thought it'd be best for me to stay with them in the Mystery Shack, but when I got here I immediately went into the attic, sat on Dippers bed, bundled up in his blanket and cried. I only left the room if it was absolutely necessary, for showers and foods but that was it. 'Why? Why did this happen, why now of all times. Dipper was finally happy, and he was going to be free of Gideon, I had finally gotten my brother back.......... SO WHY! WHY DID HE HAVE TO BE TAKEN AWAY FROM ME, FROM US!?!?'

"Mabes...... it's me, Pacifica........ will you let me in please........" Pacifica asked from the other side of my door. I stared at the door for a minute before deciding to let her in. I got out of my covers and slowly made my way to the door, when I got to the door I hesitated before opening it. I grabbed the handle and took a deep breath before twisting the knob and opening the door. When Pacifica saw me her facial expression immediately changed and rushed forward and gave me a hug making us stumble back into the room. I stayed stiff in her hold which only made her hug tighter. "Mabel I'm so sorry" was all she said, and I couldn't hold it in anymore. I grabbed onto her tightly and returned her hug while sobbing violently, we fell to the floor and she rubbed circles on my back while she whispering sweet nothings into my ear.

"Shh........ I know, I know it hurts." She whispered as she pulled away from me and whipped my tears. "Why did he have to die! He was the sweetest kid and all he ever did was help people so why!" I cried and Pacifica hugged me again. "Mabel I know your sad about Dipper, but I don't think he's gone." Pacifica explained, I sniffled and looked at her in a confused manner. "Mabel I know Bill was..... different that day, but he seemed to care a lot about Dipper nonetheless. He was going to kill us! Until he saw Dipper. I mean he's a demon for crying out loud he has to be able to do something! Why else would he take Dipper.....?" Pacifica reasoned but I shook my head.

"If that were the case then why isn't he back yet, it's been two weeks!?" I asked in a pained voice, Pacifica sighed. "I don't know but I know that Bill truly cared for Dipper, so we just have to believe in him........okay?" she asked, I thought about it for a second and once I realized she had a point I nodded my head. She smiled and helped me up off the ground, "That's good. Now let's go downstairs and talk to your Grunkles okay?" she asked again and I nodded. "Can I get cleaned up first?" I asked, she nodded and I went to the door, "I'll wait for you outside okay?" I nodded and she walked out. I quickly rushed to my closet and picked out my shooting star sweater and some purple shorts, I finished getting dressed and was about to walk out of the door but stopped when I saw Dipper's old hat. I walked over it and picked it up, I stared at if for a couple of seconds before smiling and putting it on my head.

I walked to my door, grabbed the handle, twisted the knob and pulled the door open with a smile stretched across my face. 'I might not know where Bill is right now, but I have faith that he'll bring Dipper back to us!' I thought as I walked up to Pacifica, she smiled when she saw me. She moved close to me and pulled me in for a kiss, I melted into the kiss and when she pulled away she pressed her forehead against mine and said "there's my Mabel~" I blushed and moved away from her, she giggled and grabbed my hand. I smiled and locked our fingers together, we walked downstairs and into the kitchen where my Grunkles were.

When we entered the room my Grunkles were in a deep and serious conversation, I silently waited for them to notice our presence and when they didn't I cleared my throat. They looked in our direction and they both seemed shocked, "Mabel! Your out of the room, I'm glad!" Grunkle Stan exclaimed, he rushed over to me and gave me hug. I let go of Pacifica's hand and returned his hug, "Yeah, I'm sorry I was away for so-" "No no it's fine we understand, now have a seat we have to talk to you two." Grunkle Stan explained cutting me off. We sat down at the table and waited for Grunkle Ford to explain. He sighed and began "As you know, Bill took Dipper's body with him and has yet to contact us. I think we should summon him here and force him to give us Dipper. Grunkle Ford suggested, but Grunkle Stan shook his head.