Chapter Two: Making A Deal with the Devil

Mabel's Pov

"Dipper! Where are you!?" I yelled out as I ran through what seemed like an endless forest. "Dipper! Answer me!" I stopped running when I heard a groan in the distance. I turn and ran in that direction, what I saw made my heart skip a beat. "DIPPER!" Dipper was on the ground bloody and beaten. I rushed over to hold him, when I grabbed him his body was cold. "Dipper! Dipper w-what happened! W-who did this to you!" I shouted he opened his eyes a bit and smiled. "M-mable o-oh your he-here" he said in a dry voice as he reached his hand up to caress my cheek. I held his hand in place and spoke "I'm here Dipper, I'm right here just stay with me!" I pleaded "I'm s-so g-glad your s-safe, I l-love you..." He whispered "I love you too Dipper" I whispered in a watery voice as I broke down crying. He smiled and his hand fell limp in my hands and he took his final breath.

"Dipper!" I yelled as I jolted awake. I looked around and saw Dipper sleeping peacefully in his bed, I sighed in relief. 'I can't let this go on he's suffering and I'm not a kid anymore he doesn't have to protect me. I will save him no matter the cost, but first I need to pinpoint what's wrong with him.' I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard Dipper stir in his sleep and he started talking. "G-gideon. N-no please s-stop." He begged in a tired voice 'Gideon? So he is doing something to Dipper? Is that why they've been acting so weird around each other?'

I decided I would confront Dipper about it, so I got up and walked over to his bed. I sat down and shook him lightly. "Dipper, wake up we need to talk." I spoke in a quiet but serious tone. "Mmm five more minutes." he groaned pulling the blanket over his head. "No Dipper we need to talk now!" I spoke in a firm tone and pulled his blanket down. "Fine...." he sat up in his bed and rubbed his eyes.

"What did you need to talk about?" He asked while we turned to face each other. "Dipper, you know you can trust me, right? You know that no matter what happens I'll always be there for you. I'll always help you and protect you, you know that right?" I asked he looked confused but answered. "Yeah I know that, and I'd do the same for you. Why do you ask?" He asked skeptically, I sighed and continued. "Dipper I know your hiding something from me. Were twins, I know you and I know somethings going on and you're not telling me." "W-what are y-you talking about, M-mable I'm not h-hiding anything from you."

I continued to question him for a while, but he kept giving me excuses. "Ugh, why wont you just tell me, I'm not a baby anymore I can handle myself. I just want to help you; I can't just sit here and watch my other half die and fall apart. Can't you see all your suffering is killing me and I know that's selfish, but I just want to save you so please tell me what's going on." He looked down and went silent for a minute and when he looked back up, he had tears in his eyes. "I'm sorry Mabel...... I can't." I couldn't look at him anymore it hurt me too much, so I ran.

I ran out of the Mystery Shack and into the forest. The entire time I ran I couldn't get the way Dipper looked at me out of my head. His eyes, they were filled with so much grief and pain I just couldn't look at them anymore. I was brought out of my trance when I tripped over rock and fell face first into the ground.

"ow" I winced and looked at my ankle, it looked sprained. 'Well this is going to be a fun trip home. What did I even trip on?' I thought as I looked at the rock I fell over. My heart skipped a beat when I saw what I fell over, it was Bills statue. His hand was outstretched just waiting for someone to make a deal with him. 'Bill Cipher the all-knowing dream demon that haunted my dreams for years seems like it was just yesterday when we defeated you. A nightmare I'll never forget, wait. he's all knowing, what if he helped me..... no no its to risky, but if I got more information maybe its worth the risk.'

I got up, dusted off and started to limp back to the Mystery Shack. 'Grunkle Ford knows more about Bill than anyone else I should probably talk to him first.' I limped for about twenty minutes until the Mystery Shack came into view. I limped inside and saw Grunkle Ford sitting in the kitchen, he turned to greet me and immediately rushed over when he saw me limping. "Mabel! What happened!?" He asked as he put my arm around his shoulder and led me down to his lab.

"I ran into the forest and tripped over a rock and I think I sprained my ankle" I said as he sat me down on the table. "I see, well its okay I've just created a formula for rapid healing." He looked around the lab until he found a small container, he made his way over to me and started applying the creamy like substance to my ankle. 'I should probably ask him about Bill now.....' I thought before speaking, "Hey Grunkle Ford, I've been thinking about the summer of Weirdmageddon lately and I was wondering if you could tell me more about Bill." He tensed immediately and once he relaxed he finally spoke. "Why do you ask?" He asked skeptically. "Well recently Ive been having these dreams of him coming back and I got scared so I decided I would ask you" I lied hoping hed believe me.

He finished addressing my ankle, got up and sat down in the chair across from me. He sighed deeply and then chuckled darkly. "Bill will never come back, the only way for him to come back is if someone summons him and only a fool would do such a thing. Making a deal with him will only result in failure since Bill will twist any deal and turn it in his favor, he only brings destruction and misery. No good will ever come from that Cipher" he finished his voice laced with venom. He got up from his chair and told me he needed to get back to his work and dismissed me.

I got up and walked out of Grunkle Fords lab, my ankle was healed enough for me to just walk out instead of limping. When I got upstairs, I walked outside of the Mystery Shack and sat on the porch to think. 'I want to help Dipper, but I can't help him if I don't know what's wrong and Dipper seems adamant on not telling me. If I summon Bill I'd be risking the safety of Gravity Falls, unless I add conditions to the deal so he won't be able to bring destruction? The stakes of my deal are high, will he even take the deal I mean the higher my stakes the higher the cost. I could lose something of great value but then again I could potentially save Dipper.'

With that final thought I made my decision I didn't care about the risk saving Dipper was worth it, so without a second thought I got up and charged off into the forest to find Bills statue. I searched the forest for about forty minutes until I found it again. Bills statue was in the middle of a beautiful clearing. 'How ironic for someone so evil to rest in a place this peaceful.' I thought as I cautiously approached his statue. Once I was in front of him, I put my hand out in front of his and hesitated.' What if instead of saving Dipper I end up handing him right over to the enemy....... am I really going to do something so reckless?'

I asked myself and was about to walk away when and images flooded my mind. I saw all the times Dipper risked everything for me without a second thought. I bit my lip before deciding it was my turn to risk something for Dipper. I gathered all my courage closed my eyes and shook his hand. I felt a gust of wind and I could no longer feel the statue in my hand but kept my eyes closed until I heard a familiar laugh. I pushed my fears down and opened my eyes and there he was. The triangular Dream Demon, Bill Cipher; his back was turned to me, so he had yet to see me. I was about to speak but he beat me to it.

"Oh ho ho Gravity Falls It's good to be back; now who do I have to thank for my swift return?" He asked as he turned around. "Well this is a surprise, Shooting Star. Why in the world would you summon me back into this world?" He asked as he floated around me. "It's not like I wanted to I didn't have a choice, I......I need to make a deal." I said uneasily as I followed his movement "A deal you say well now Im intrigued, alright kid what do you want?" He asked and stopped in front of me. "I......I want you to. save him. I want you to help me save Dipper." I some what pleaded. "Save Pinetree? What's wrong with him?" He asked in what sounded like a concerned tone? "I don't know but I know he's suffering. I want you to help me find out what's wrong with him and I want you to help me save him. Also, you can't destroy Gravity Falls and you can't manipulate my deal in anyway." I explained.

He seemed to be deep in thought before he finally spoke "You know you're asking for a lot, so if you want my help I have my own conditions. I want you to help me create a meatsack, until I get my meatsack I get to stay in your mindscape, and I get free access to it. Lastly if someone hurt Pinetree-" he paused, turned red and spoke in a demonic voice "-I gEt To Do WhAtEvEr I wAnT tO tHeM" an image of Gideon crossed my mind and I spoke. "W-why?" I asked stuttering, he faded back into yellow and said "that's for me to know and you to find out. Now-" he paused again and stretched his hand out to me as it lit up in a blue flame "-Do we have a deal?" He asked again. 'Sorry Gideon.....' I sighed and gave him a determined look as I shook his hand 'but if you hurt my brother you deserve what's coming to you.'

"Deal"