S3, Chapter 3: Setting Up For Prom

Was writing most of this in gym class at school. Teachers didn't give a shit on what we were doing so I decided, I'll continue this chapter and hopefully get it done and voila. The next chapter may also be posted this week on Saturday or Sunday as usual. Hope you all enjoy this chapter.

---

It was dawn, the school day now over. Shizuka Hiratsuka could be seen in her own area in the faculty room where she held her guidance counselor sessions.

Currently smoking a cigarette, she glanced down at her hand. It was the key to the clubroom of the Service Club, remembering Y/N's voice as he came by to get it once. 

Before...

Hiratsuka: Oh. Well, Yukinoshita already came and got the key earlier...why don't you try giving her a call?

Y/N: While we may be childhood friends, contact information is something we don't have. 

Hiratsuka: Talk about disappointment. And Yuigahama doesn't have it either? 

Y/N: (scratches cheek) Uh, well...never really thought about it. (turns to room) Everyone seems to be busy. 

Hiratsuka: I'm busy, too, you know. I really am!

Y/N: (raised eyebrows) And what's that? Thinking of ways to seduce my brother?

Hiratsuka: H-Huh!? Wh-What are you talking about!?

Y/N: Sensei, Nii-san may not see it, but I do. If you want to go after him, go ahead. If it gets him a wife.

Hiratsuka: W-Well, I'm on my break right now, okay? A short one. Got it?

Y/N: Right...well, I'm going to head back. 

Hiratsuka: Yes, please do that. Oh, and L/N?

Y/N: Hmm?

Hiratsuka: (chuckles) ...Nothing. Here, catch.

The young teacher tosses a MAXX coffee can, Y/N surprised by it. Looking back to the teacher, she simply winked.

Hiratsuka: Don't tell anyone I was in here slacking off.

Y/N: (sighs and grins) Sure.

Present

As she begins to walk out of the faculty room, something caught her eye. In a box was some sort of book, a part of the label saying "Second Stars."

Hiratsuka: A bird doesn't mess up it's own nest before it leaves. Or so they say...but maybe I'm just trying too hard. 

Next Day

It was the next day and everyone was standing, looking at a board. The title said "Successful Candidates."

Inside class 2-F, Y/N was sitting near Saki as usual, the only person he talked to. Hachiman was over by his own desk, yawning as he could hear the conversations of the class.

Tobe: Dudes, we're gonna be third years in high school! So like, we're totally gonna be swamped with stuff!

As Hachiman yawned, he heard footsteps and a voice coming towards him.

???: Hachiman, you look sleepy. 

He looked over to see it was the Tennis captain, Saika Totsuka. The boy tilted his head in a cutely manner, inciting a small blush to his face.

Saika: You seem tired a lot lately, are you okay? 

Hachiman: (smirks) I'm fine, I'm fine. I just stayed up a few nights in a row to play games.