Extra Chapter: OVA #1

Probably wasn't expecting this, huh? It's been months since My Ice Cold Queen has finished and yet still many people enjoy this book. Thank you!

But this little chapter is in celebration of My Ice Cold Queen's first anniversary. That's right. Last year on October 3rd, 2020, this book was published and became one of my best written fanfics. The support it had accumulated is something I will always be thankful for. Anyway, onto the OVA chapter that takes place after S1.

---

Hachiman: (thoughts) Marriage. The institution where one's existence goes to die. All married people prattle on about their so-called marital bliss.

The scene had opened up to the home of Hachiman Hikigaya, him sitting at the dining table as his sister, Komachi Hikigaya, is currently cooking the both of them their breakfast. Simultaneously, the scene would change to the L/N apartment.

Itsuki L/N, the oldest of the three L/N siblings was sitting at the dining table, his phone in hand as it was pulled up to the local news article that was released thirty minutes ago. In his other hand is a hot mug of coffee. Over by the stove, humming to herself is Setsuna L/N, the second oldest sibling of the L/N children.

As she continued to cook herself and her siblings breakfast, the youngest L/N sibling had walked in, Y/N L/N. The green-eyed teen yawned as he fixes his bedhead, joining his older brother at the dining table.

Back to the Hikigaya household, Hachiman was staring aimlessly at the wall, continuing his pondering thoughts.

Hachiman: (thoughts) About how saying "I'm home!" to their spouses, or how seeing their sleeping kids motivates them for tomorrow. But think about it. You can say "I'm home!" if you live with your parents. You can even buy mouthwash and say "I'm home!" to the hippos on the label. And if they're talking about seeing their sleeping kids, that just means they're working hellish overtime hours. How is that in any way blissful? They preach the joys of marriage, yet their eyes are as soulless as my own. Just like zombies who drag people into their swamp.

As Hachiman continued to ramble on his thoughts, the younger Hikigaya had finished cooking. Making her way around the table, she sets the plate of food down in front of Hachiman.

Komachi: Here you are!

Hachiman: Hmm?

The eyes dead like a fish boy looks down, seeing an omelet dressed with ketchup on top of it, sliced tomatoes and lettuce, and toasted bread.

Hachiman: Oh, sorry for always troubling you.

Komachi: Onii-chan, you promised me you'd quit saying that.

Hachiman: Uh, I don't like tomatoes.

Komachi: (eats her own tomato slice) That's exactly why I added them.

Hachiman: (sweat drops) Now see here, Komachi...

Komachi: You're way too picky, Onii-chan. When it comes to people or food.

Hachiman: You say that like it's a bad thing. Putting up with things one loathes ends up making everyone miserable.

Komachi: (sigh) I can't imagine you ever getting married.

As she said that sentence, Hachiman, who was drinking a cup of condensed milk, choked on it. He then clears his throat and wipes his mouth of the liquid.

Hachiman: (thoughts) People who grow up in different environments will invariably have different tastes and preferences. Therefore, one could say that the subsequent marriages necessarily lead to happiness?