S2, Chapter 3: Differences

It was a normal day like any other, Y/N walking to Sobu High. Saki had overslept, most likely from taking care of her siblings. The temperature had gotten even colder, his neck was freezing.

Pulling out a green and blue striped scarf out of his bag, he wraps it around his neck, pulling the upper part of his scarf to cover his mouth. Upon arrival in his class, he found that Saki had made it to school earlier than him for once.

Heading over to her, he found her laying her head on the desk, tired.

Y/N: What's wrong with you?

Saki: (sluggish) ...Kei-chan.

Y/N: Hmm. Not even surprised.

He turns his attention to Hayama's clique, the relationship stable. Despite the events that happened on the Kyoto trip yesterday, it didn't seem to ruin the relationship of the group.

But it was the state of the Service Club that was different. It didn't seem that everyone were on talking terms. At least, that's what Y/N thinks. Yukino didn't bother to speak with him after trip, Yui tried to make small talk, but couldn't, and Hachiman was the same as usual.

Timeskip-Dawn

It was now the end of the school day, Hachiman leaving much earlier than the other two. It worried Yui, but not Y/N so much. Grabbing his belongings, he heads to the Service Club room. Opening the door, Yukino was there, but she didn't bother to look up from her book. Y/N didn't mind, proceeding to his chair and pulling out his phone.

Later on, Yuigahama arrived and she and Yukino began talking, ignoring the L/N boy. But Y/N was fine with that. But deep down, there was a feeling he didn't like. It wasn't until the door revealed Hachiman, the girls stopped talking. Yui looked back and forth between Y/N, Yukino, and Hachiman. The three of them not making eye contact nor talking.

Yukino: ...So you're here.

Hachiman: ...Yeah, I guess.

Yui: Come to think of it, everyone seemed pretty normal, huh?

Y/N: (monotone) ...I guess.

Yui: I mean, uh...everyone...

Hachiman: Yeah. Nothing seemed out of place as far as I could see.

Yukino: Really? That's good, then.

Yui: Man, I was pretty nervous, but now it's like I shouldn't have been worried. They're all...totally normal...

Y/N: ...Are trying to imply something about us?

Yui: No...I don't know what you're thinking anymore.

Yukino: We could never tell what he was thinking in the first place. Even if we know each other, understanding each other is another matter.

Y/N: Well, there's no point in worrying about it. Isn't it best for all of us to be normal?

Yui: We should be normal, too...yeah...

Yukino: Normal, huh? So that's what's normal for you, is it? To not change, right? You're...

Y/N: Then what are you going to do about it? People keep telling me to change, but...all it's done is ruin my life even further. I told you didn't I? Not everyone can change, Yukinoshita. Just accept it.

Yukino: Uh...

Yui: Yukinon! H-Hey...you know...

A knocking sound could be heard on the door. The door reveals to be Hiratsuka.

Hiratsuka: I'm coming in. I want to ask you guys a favor. Did something happen?

Y/N: Not really.