Chapter 10: Festival Set Up

I had meant for this to come out much earlier, but lost too much time. Reason, slacking off. Also trying to figure out how to write my SAO book, but that's taking a while so I might make something else to fill the time slot for Friday.

This book has a chapter every saturday or sunday. My other books have a chapter released on thursday or friday and I need something to fill the friday slot. Anyway, see y'all in the next chapter and hope you enjoy this one.

-okami

-----------

It was dawn right now and the Service Club members sat in their club room, doing their own thing. Y/N's head was lying on the table, asleep. Yukino was reading her book while also patting Y/N's head. Hachiman was trying not to pay attention to what was going on and was reading his own book.

Yui on the other hand was glancing back and forth to the three. And awkward silence. Soon after, Yukino stops petting Y/N's head and the green-eyed boy groggily wakes up.

Yuigahama attempts to strike up conversation.

Yui: The wind's starting to pick up, huh?

Y/N: (yawns) I guess.

Hachiman: ...Yeah.

Yukino: ...It seems so.

There was something amiss, the four of them weren't even attempting strike up conversation. Except, Yui. Then again, Y/N thought back to that question Yui had asked them when they assisted Totsuka. Something about the entrance ceremony.

The only thing Y/N remembered about the entrance ceremony was bumping into someone with black hair. 

With nothing to do, the four of them went home as no one came in for any requests or assistance. The next day then rolls around and Hachiman was standing in the middle of the class room. Y/N was also standing next to him. Both boys had a look of disbelief.

Hachiman: What--

Y/N: The hell--

Hachiman: Is this? 

Hiratsuka: Do you need an explanation? It was already time for the next class and everyone was still complaining about who should do it. So I volunteered you two.

Y/N: Isn't there supposed to be one person for each representative? Why am I there?

Hiratsuka: For extra insurance. (looks to Hikigaya) Blame yourself for sleeping through homeroom.

Hachiman: Wait, Sensei, that's...

Y/N begins to back away. He already had enough trouble with his sister and disobeying her on some things was already a death wish. Besides, he had already witnessed Shizuka's wrath before and he'd rather not see it again. He backed up and went to his desk, leaving Hachiman to stand up there himself with the teacher.

Hiratsuka: Take your seat. Can't start class with you up here. You guys can pick the girl after school.

Le Timeskip

Boy Classmate: Uh, so do any girls want to be on the committee? Raise your hand.

Well of course none of the girls raise their hand. Saki only stares at her cousin with a playful grin on her face. Y/N sees this and sends a hateful glare, but softens up to a smile. If anything, his family are the ones that can bring out his emotions. Y/N resumes back to what he was doing, messing with his pencil, twirling it between his fingers.

Boy Classmate: If no one volunteers, rock-paper-scissors--

Yumiko: Huh?

Yui: Is it a hard job?