Chapter 6: The Yuigahama Case

It was the next morning and Y/N was walking towards the school. It has been about a week since they had the talk with his cousin, Saki. While the others in the Service Club weren't aware that Saki was his cousin, the two preferred to keep it that way.

As he walked to school, he noticed the familiar orange haired girl waiting by the crosswalk up ahead. She had a leash in her hand, with a dog right next to her.

Since last week, Yuigahama hadn't been going to the club. Not that Y/N could care, it did matter to Yukino as she was the president of the club.

He didn't think it was his business so he carried on with his day.

Timeskip-Hallways

Y/N was walking away from his locker, heading to the classroom. He noticed that Hachiman and Yui were together, but only exchanged a few words.

Odd is what Y/N thought. Yuigahama is usually bright and bubbly in the morning, but she had a look of sadness on her face. Especially when she looked to Hachiman. It was puzzling indeed. Y/N thought whether he should consult Yukino about it.

Y/N: (thoughts) Eh? When did I start worrying about people other than my family? What's wrong with me?

Shaking his head, he sighs and heads off, carrying on with his day.

Timeskip-End of the day

It was the end of the day and the two boys sat in the Service Club room. Each one of them doing their own thing.

Yukino's chair was slowly inching closer to Y/N each day. She was reading the same book she had always been reading, same with Hikigaya. Y/N was scrolling through his phone, going through social media, but was getting bored already. He soon rests his arm on the table in front of him, putting his read on the propped up hand to support his head.

It was silent for the most part. Until Yukinoshita broke it.

Yukino: Did any of you do something to Yuigahama-san?

Hachiman: Nope. Nothing.

Y/N: Why are you asking me? I rarely associate with anyone. Not unless it's doing something for this club.

Hachiman: You've been hanging out with Kawasaki this past week.

Yukino: (slightly irritated) Oh? Is that so?

Y/N: (sigh) Looks like the cat's out of the bag. Well, people were bound to find out. Saki's my cousin.

Yukino: ...The first I'm hearing this.

Y/N: Kaa-san wasn't rich. I don't know how Hirmada won her heart, but mom married him. Mom's sister is Saki's mom, therefore making us cousins.

Hachiman: Hmm.

Yukinoshita sighs in relief, confusing the L/N boy, but he had a hunch of what it was. He thinks it may be connected to why he's been thinking of her lately.

Yukino then returns her attention back to Hachiman, questioning him about Yuigahama.

Yukino: I doubt that Yuigahama-san would stop coming unless something happened between you two. Did you two have a fight?

Hachiman: No, we didn't. At least, I think. (closes book) Besides, only people who are somewhat close can have fights. It's less of a fight and more of a...

Yukino: An argument?

Hachiman: Not quite. You're warm, though.

Y/N: Then a war?

Yukino: I was thinking the same thing.

Hachiman: (hitting book on shoulder) No, you're both getting colder.