Chapter 3: What A Youth Rom Com Is

Going to be taking a break from my DxD book. I'll probably start doing it again on Thursday of next week. Anyway, on to the chapter. Thanks for reading y'all. Really appreciate it.

----------------

It was still dawn in the park. Yukinoshita was still asleep, her head resting on the youngest L/N's shoulder.

She was sleeping soundly and Y/N watched her. Her beauty was something else. The way her hair moved with the wind easily entranced Y/N. She started to groan and she slurs awake. Looking around, she stills sees that she was in the park where she was last. She thought that Y/N left her here. That was until their eyes met.

They both started to sport light blushes on their faces. Sure they were close, but they were closer than they normally should have been. Yukino immediately stands up and bows, saying thank you to the L/N boy and she runs off. Y/N sat there for awhile and shook his head, thinking about what just happened. He was entranced by her beauty and he couldn't quite feel what was wrong with him and what made him feel that way. He ruffled his hair and got up, heading home and picking up the pace as it was getting late. But he thought of one thing.

Y/N: (scoffs) What the hell is this? A rom com? Yeah right...

Next Day-Outside, School Tennis Court

Y/N and Hachiman were standing with their gym class outside on the tennis court. They were assigned to pick a partner and practice sending the tennis ball back.

Before Y/N could walk off and do his own thing, a random guy walked up to him and asked Y/N to partner up with him. Most people would be bold to ask the L/N as he is one of the most popular kids at school. Most kids thought that if they were to ask him something, their heads would be lopped off, figuratively.

Seeing as there was no way of escaping this situation, the L/N sighs and accepts the proposition. As they sent the tennis ball back and forth to each other, Y/N was asked many questions like, "are you in any clubs" or "why don't you join any sports?" Y/N responds that he was in a club already. Sure he didn't like it, but it didn't mean that he didn't dislike the company. Hachiman was someone who was in the same boat as him, being forced to join. Yukino was someone he knew from his childhood. While they rarely talked, Y/N thought it was nice for him to actually know her. Yuigahama started to come when she felt like it, despite her not being an official club member. Despite all this, he didn't dislike the company that he had there. It felt like he belonged there. With the four of them, it was just an odd group.

As for the reason why he doesn't do any sports is that he doesn't feel like it. During his middle school years, Y/N tried a number of sports. Some being soccer, basketball, and tennis. For some reason, they just didn't sit right with him. No matter how many times he tried to get into it. Sure he made the soccer team in his last year of middle school, but he just didn't feel like he was having fun. He said, "I never belonged to any of those sports."

Later on in the day

Y/N was currently a few steps away from Hachiman. The two were sitting in the same spot for lunch. Outside on the steps where the bikes were parked.

Hachiman: So? Why are you here?

Y/N: I like coming here. Guess I wasn't the only one seeking the same place.

Hachiman: ...I guess.

They continued to eat in silence. The wind blowing and their hair moving with it. It wasn't long until a voice broke the silence.

Yui: Oh hey, Hikky! L/N-san!

The two look to Yui's voice to see she was standing with a handkerchief.