Chapter 31

trigger warning: suicide attempt

Chapter 31

Let Go

My heartbeat was racing while I was driving way back home. I was crying hard, and the road was blurry because of the shed of my tears.

Iba ang kutob ko. My sister can be very vulnerable at times. Kahit ang maliliit na bagay ay iniiyakan niya, even acads! Paano pa kaya ito. Paano kung nalaman niya na.

I just hope our mother is still there.

Nagkumahog ako papasok sa aming bahay. It was dark, and the deafening silence was sending me to death. My phone that was ringing was the only one that was making a sound.

"Kenzie?!" I shouted way up the stairs. I was sweating bullets.

I opened her door, and my eyes widened a fraction. I screamed and ran towards her. Blood is all over her hands.

"Kenzie!" I cried while checking her pulse.

She's still breathing. Wala akong sinayang na oras. She was heavy for me to carry but I tried my best to get her to my car. We even slipped together because I couldn't carry her well. Hawak ko ang dumudugong kamay niya sa taas habang umiiyak dahil sa takot.

"Kenzie naman! Please, live for Ate..." I cried while I was driving to my Tita's clinic.

I connected my phone to my car when tita Juana called. I can't get my eyes off my sister. Mas binilisan ko ang takbo ng aking sasakyan.

"What happened, Kelly?!" tita asked with her shaking voice.

"Tita... Tita, Kenzie cut her wrist... P-papunta na po kami diyan..."

"Saan si Shan?! Ano ba itong nangyayari!" she exclaimed and I was just shaking my head.

Iyon din anong tanong ko noon sa aking sarili. Where's my mother? Why did she let Kenzie alone in the house? She knows she's not as strong as me! She knew so well she wouldn't handle this!

"Kenzie, nandito pa naman ako, e... " Paano na lang kung natagalan pa ako? "We can do this together, o-okay?"

Tita was waiting for us outside their gate. It was already wide open, and her daughter was there with her. Pinasok ko ka agad ang sasakyan ko sa garahe nila. I opened the door, and Tita did the same on the other side where Kenzie was.

"Weya, call nurse Jian inside!" ani nito sa kanyang anak.

I helped her carry my sister inside her clinic. Malayo ang hospital sa aming subdivision kaya rito ko naisipang dalhin. At dahil sa panic at hagulgol ko, baka kung ano pang mangyari sa daan.

Everyone was in a rush. I saw one group of girls, probably Weya's circle, who were also helping. They knew what they were doing.

"She'll be fine, Kelly... calm down," Nurse Jian said, and I just sat on the floor.

Their clinic was big and equipped so I was a bit relieved now that she's being treated inside. Parang sinasaksak nang paulit-ulit ang puso ko habang inaalala ang itsura ng kapatid ko kanna.

I thought I lost her. That was the first thing I thought when I saw her in that state.

Napahilamos ako sa aking sarili habang umiiyak sa gilid. We're alone. Ang hirap pala ng walang magulang. Ang hirap pa lang mag-isang kaharapin ang mga problema sa buhay. I realized that parents really play a vital role in life.

"Hey..."

I felt Weya's comforting hug. Mas lalo akong naiyak dahil doon.

"Your sister would be alright. My mom is the best doctor I know. You gotta trust her, okay? You gotta trust Him," she whispered, and I nodded consecutively.