𝘈𝘯𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘴 | 𝘈𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘺

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c7/91/d9/c791d9722f61dc71a8d5d3cc0990d874.png

ANTHESIS

(n.) the event of a flower unfolding and releasing its petals to blossom.

This word is probably uncommon in stories, unless you have a character who's an expert on flowers. Who knows? Maybe if they took their love on a romantic date in a flower garden and so happened to be able to use this word.

Examples:

"Why, that one is going through anthesis," he replied, smiling as he peered at the dazzling half-blown flower the little boy was pointing at.

The girl gasped as a parade car rolled out onto the street, an incasement of giant, pale pink rose petals on it. As it drove slowly past her, she watched in astonishment as the petals unfolded and fanned out to reveal a dancer inside, like a real flower going through anthesis.

In the second example, I tried to use anthesis in a simile, which actually worked quite well. It would work out well for you too if you're describing something that actually is like a flower going through anthesis, so the reader can visualize in their mind very well how the scene is playing out.

~ ~ ~ ~

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/30/65/3f/30653f69a31530731f9ae13c980f69ea.png

ANGELIFY

(v.) to make like an angel, to imbue with the properties of a powerful, protective divinity.

Okay, this one's sort of hard. And probably rare in stories unless you're writing a really ethereal paragraph or poem, or using it in a simile or metaphor.

Examples:

Valentine tried to angelify Jace when he was still in his mother's womb, as an experiment. (This is a Shadowhunters reference. ; ) all you shadowhunters fans out there should understand. This sentence also makes sense, using the word.)

The little girl fluttered with an airy feel her way up the stage, arms held aloft, like an angelified butterfly. (Not sure if this is a correct way to use angelify, but it's hard. This is an example with a simile.)

And there you have it. I like the first example better though, because it actually makes a lot of sense and is true, and I myself is a huge shadowhunters fan. :D