Chapter 11: The Halloween Dance

Hazel's POV

Loud music blared around me. Kids were talking, dancing, giggling, and hanging out. As I looked around I wasn't sure what I was doing here. I mean sure I promised Miguel I would come but now that I was here I was kind of regretting it. Aisha was talking with a girl a few feet away from me, Sam was chatting with Yasmine and Moon, and I couldn't find Miguel. I could go talk to Sam but that would mean talking Yasmine. Even though she was never that mean to me she still said some hurtful things and she was a bitch. I didn't feel like getting involved in drama tonight so I was kind of just standing in the middle of a bunch of kids doing nothing. I was about to go hide in the bathroom when someone covered my eyes from behind.

"Guess who?" A familiar voice said. I smiled.

"Hmmm... Miguel?" I asked spinning around. He smiled and removed his hands from my eyes.

"You got me!" He says shrugging.

"When did you get here? I've been looking for you!" I said, talking loudly over the music and chatter, "And wow, that is an interesting costume," I bit my bottom lip. His costume was cute, it was great, but he was wearing skeleton pyjamas and it was hilarious.

"Thanks! Sensei gave it to me. He thought the costume my Yaya made was uncool," Miguel said looking down at his body.

"Well, I love it."

"I like yours too! Wonder Woman is great!"

"Thanks," I said. We stood in silence for a minute before Demetri and Eli walked over in their costumes.

"Oh, skeleton. Classic. Nice," Demetri said, pointing to Miguel's costume.

"Thanks. I like your sorcerer costume," Miguel responded.

"Sorcerer?" Demetri said, "Please. I'm a necromancer."

"What?" Miguel asked.

"Didn't you see the amulet?" Demetri asked. Miguel shook his head and Demetri rolled his eyes.

"So, are you a regular doctor or-" Miguel started to ask Eli.

"Plastic surgeon. I fix lips," Eli answered.

"Nice," Miguel said.

"I like your costume to Hazel," Demetri said. "But Wonder Woman actually would be wearing the classic white stars and blue background."

"Uh.. thanks. I'm a different Wonder Woman. That's why there are no stars..."

(Author's note: My favorite Wonder Woman this one (The one in the newest movie) so I chose it. That is the costume just to get the idea.)

"Hm," Demetri said looking at my costume.

"All right, y'all, we're about to switch it up," The DJ called out into the microphone before switching the music to a less creepy Halloween theme.