Chapter 16: Enrollment Surges

Hazel's POV

Miguel and I walked to the dojo together quickly so as not to be late, only to notice they weren't the only ones there. 20 or so kids were standing outside the glass doors chatting and watching the video of Miguel and Hazel fighting Kyler that had gone viral a few days ago. They were all talking excitedly about how they were going to learn to do what Miguel and I did. Miguel looked at me with a large grin on his face and it was obvious he was thinking the same thing I was: Johnny was going to love this. Just as the thought crossed my mind, his beaten up old Firebird pulled into the parking lot and in front of the dojo. He opened the door of his car with a look of shock spread out across his face he approached Miguel and I smiling like a mad man.

"Looks like we're in business," He said.

When Johnny unlocked the doors to the dojo, the kids rushed in looking around like they were just transported to a new world. Miguel, Aisha, and I rushed to the bathrooms to change into our gis and when we came back the kids were still looking around.

"I'm gonna go get Sensei," I whispered to Miguel. He nodded and I headed off to Johnny's office. I knocked softly on the door before I walked in.

"Hey Sensei," I said teasingly, bringing Johnny our of his thoughts. "You ready? You've got a full room of students out there," I added when he didn't turn around. He nodded.

"Are you ok?" I asked when he still didn't face me. He cleared his throat and finally spun around.

"Let's go do this," He said with determination. I smiled and stepped out of his office with him following behind.

"Ok. Today we begin..." Johnny started. The kids just kept chatting and looking at their phones. Sensei looked to me for help but I just nodded in encouragement.

"Quiet!" He yelled and the talking stopped immediately. I jumped a little and Miguel silently laughed at me.

"Face front," Johnny said and thee kids turned slowly. Johnny started walking in between all the kids and observing them. "Nice shirt," He said to Demetri.

"Thanks!" Demetri said taken aback.

"I'm joking. It sucks," He said before continuing down the line of students. He stopped in front of a kid with long hair and glasses. The kid smiled at him.

"Word of advise, if you got shit for teeth don't smile," Johnny said and the kid's lips dropped from his grin. Johnny continued to look at the kids and when he came across a pale short kid he snorted.

"God, makes me feel like a virgin just looking at you," He said before making his way to the front. "When I look around this dojo, I don't see Cobra Kai material," He said addressing everyone. "I see losers, I see nerds, I see a fat kid with a funny hat with his tits popping out," Johnny said looking at someone a few feet away from me.

"But, in my short time as a Sensei, I've also seen some miracles," He said glancing at Miguel, Aisha, and I. "So, maybe there's some hope for you yet. But, first I need to see where you're at. So everybody, fall in!" He said the last part louder than the rest. The kids looked at each other whispering and trying to figure out what that meant. Miguel, Aisha, and I moved to start forming lines.

"That means line up," Johnny said when he saw everyone's confusion. The kids started forming a single file line behind Aisha and Sensei sighed. "No, not... not line up in a line. Lines! Get in lines."

"You mean like rows?" Demetri asked.

"Ugh," Johnny said, placing his head in his hands in annoyance. This was going to be a long process.