Chapter 16: Cafeteria Fight

Author's Note: Just to let you know I changed the kid's names! Jessie is now Jake, Avery is now Marley, and Tony is now Peter. Peter is also Jake's twin instead of being much younger! They are not in this chapter but for the future, that's what they will be. Also, I don't know how I feel about Hazel's name being Hazel. If you want me to change it let me know and you can also comment any suggestions for new names that you like!

Miguel's POV

I've learned to start dreading lunch at school. Kyler is always testing me, shoving me, or just messing with me and I hate it. Sam and Kyler broke up a few days ago and there is a rumor going around school about it. I still like Sam and even though I don't have a shot with her, I'm glad she isn't with a bully. Today getting my food from the lunch line when Sam walked past. She tried going to her usual table but Yasmine took one look at her before putting a backpack in the seat Sam usually sits in. My eyes followed her to Hazel and Aisha's table but Aisha said something which made Sam turn away. Sam slammed her lunch tray down on the table and stormed over to Kyler and his friends.

"Think it's funny to spread lies about me?" Sam asked crossing her arms over her chest.

"What are you talking about?" Kyler asked playing dumb. "We saw a movie, and that's it. Well, maybe I saw a little bit more than you," Kyler added as his friends laughed behind him.

"Yeah, we heard you got pretty 'choked up,'" One of his friends joked. The rest of Kyler's group started laughing. Other kids were starting to get interested and a bunch were laughing as well. Sam grabbed Kyler's lunch tray off the table and swiped it to the ground. By now every one had stopped eating and their eyes were on Sam and Kyler.

"Hey guys," Kyler said as I made my way to my table. "You know that billboard with the big ass dick on it?" Kyler asked addressing the question to the entire cafeteria. "I guess Sam takes after her dad."

"Ooh," I looked around the room and saw kids laughing and smirking at Sam.

"Hey, Kyler!" I yelled before I could stop myself. Kyler looked over at me while I dropped my tray down on Aisha's table.

"Why don't you shut the hell up and stop being such an asshole?" I said walking up to him. Hazel stood up from her table and walked over, standing behind me to back me up.

"Want another beat don 'Rhea?" Kyler asked as his friends stood up and surrounded me and Hazel. Kyler shoved me and I stumbled back a step but I stood up and walked forwards again.

"I'm ready for your lame ass karate thins time," Kyler said stalking closer. He shoved me harder and I fell into the table behind me but I got back up with a look of determination on my face.

"It's not lame ass karate," I said. Kyler threw a punch at me but I blocked it and twisted Kyler's arm backwards. "It's Cobra Kai." I punched Kyler hard in the face and he stumbled backwards into his friends. He had some blood on his face but that didn't stop him from charging back at me. He ran and grabbed me around the waist before throwing me down on the lunch table. I tried to get up but Kyler just picked me up again and threw me on another table harshly. He pulled me off and held me in a headlock so hard that I started to choke. Remembering what Sensei said, I elbowed him in the rib cage and then flipped his arm behind him, before kicking him in the face which made him turn around. I kicked him square in the back and he fell onto a table.

"No mercy!" Aisha yelled from the sideline.

One of Kyler's friends came at me from behind but I spun around quickly and swiped his leg out from under him causing him to fall over. Hazel jumped in and kicked one of Kyler's goons in the nuts. He doubled over and she solved him backwards and he fell onto the ground in pain. I smiled impressed and jumped back in hitting another one of Kyler's friends as he came to jump on my back. Kicks and punched were flying as Hazel and I fought the boys. I kicked a kid in the back and Hazel swept his leg so he fell down with a spat.

"Behind you!" I yelled as a boy advanced on Hazel and threw her forwards. I caught her as she stumped but she just spun around and kicked him square in the jaw like nothing had happened. I looked around and saw kids recording and egging on the fight. I scrambled away as some of Kyler's friends picked themselves off the ground and yelled 'Get him!' I rolled over a table to get out of the way and Hazel punched a boy before grabbing a lunch tray off a table and throwing it at me. I caught it and smacked a boy coming at me in the head with it so he fell to the ground in pain. Hazel kicked a chair in front of a kid and he toppled over it. I smacked Kyler in the back with my new lunch tray weapon and he fell over on his face. Hitting, smacking, and kicking kids left and right I made my way closer to where Hazel was fighting off two boys at once. Kyler got up and started to run towards me so I jumped up on a table. When Kyler came up to the table I kicked him in the face and while he was falling towards the ground I hit him with the lunch tray as Hazel finished up hitting the last boy to the ground. I was up on the table hold the lunch tray in a fighting position with Hazel standing next to me with her fists up. Kids were all around us yelling, recording, and clapping to show they were proud. I stood up on the table and looked around really proud of what I had done. My eyes found Sam in the crowd and she was looking up at me smiling with shock obviously impressed. I got lost in her beautiful blue eyes but the teachers brought me back to the present.

"Hey! Get down from there right now!" Counselor Blatt called to me. She grabbed my hand and pulled me off the table. "You too young lady!" She yelled at Hazel and Hazel quickly followed as we were pulled to the office, but I didn't care. Not only had I showed Kyler I wasn't weak, but I had also definitely got Sam to notice me.

"All four of them?" Sensei asked looking between us. After school (which we weren't suspended from) Hazel and I had run straight to the dojo to tell Sensei about our fight. 

"Yeah!" I said proudly. 

"Even that big dumb one?" Sensei asked.

"Well, Hazel mostly took care of him. But, yeah! It all happened so fast. Everything just came together. I was blocking. I anticipated. I slithered." Sensei nodded his head proudly as he listened but his face dropped. 

"Well your mom is going to kill all three of us," He said.

"She would if she knew. When my school called, my Yaya answered. Never seen her so proud," I said happily. "She won't talk," I added when Sensei didn't look convinced.

"All right, let me get this straight. You two took all the lessons I taught you and you used them to straight-up beat the shit out of those punks?" Sensei asked, his eyes darting between Hazel and I. 

"Well, yeah," Hazel said like it was obvious. Sensei smiled.

"Follow me." He led us outside to his Firebird and popped the trunk open. Inside were two white gis with the Cobra Kai symbol on them. One was more faded than the other so I thought it must be older. 

"I wore this when I was training for my first tournament back in '81," Sensei said pointing to the faded one. "I want you to have it," He said looking at me. He pointed to the newer one nad looked at Hazel.

"I got you a new one since I didn't have any others," He said.

"Are you sure?" I asked hesitantly staring at he gis with wide eyes.

"Hell yeah. You earned it!" Sensei said. "Both of you," He added turning back around to see Hazel. I hugged Sensei and he hugged back. Over his shoulder, I saw examining the gis with a small smile across her face, and that's when I knew things were looking up.

________________________________________________________

Author's Note!

Hi! I am going to update again today or tomorrow so don't worry! I promise! I am sorry that it has been a while! Also if this chapter is short I'm also sorry! Thank you to Livo22222 and lightninqe for adding my book to their reading lists! I still don't know how to tag people! Sorry! Please consider voting/commenting if you have enjoyed the story! I cannot believe I already have 486 reads and 31 votes! Please hit the star on your way out! I love you guys!

Now for a very important announcement: DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT USE A LUNCH TRAY AS A WEAPON UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!! I REPEAT DO NOT US A LUNCH TRAY AS A WEAPON!!!!