Chapter 12: No More Karate

Hazel's POV

When we got to our apartment building, Miguel was out cold, draped limply in Johnny's arms. I knocked on Miguel's door as Johnny stood behind me. The Halloween decorations on their door moved slightly as the door unlocked from the inside. Miguel's mom appeared at the door with a smile on her face but it immediately fell when her eyes landed on Miguel in Johnny's arms. Tears sprung in her eyes and she covered her mouth with her hand.

"Miguel!" She screamed. Carmen ushered the three inside and led us over to the couch where Johnny laid Miguel down softly. I grabbed Carmen's First Aid kit off the table and started assessing Miguel's wounds as Carmen talked to Johnny. "I don't want you ever coming near my son again, do you understand me?" She shouted. Johnny looked at her guiltily before his eyes locked with mine. A small smile spread across my lips to give him some sympathy.

"I'm sorry. I should never have gotten involved," He said looking over at Miguel's body. Johnny turned to leave and as he did Miguel slowly pushed himself up on his elbow.

"No! Cobra Kai never dies!" He called after Johnny but his Sensei just left the apartment and closed the door. I was tempted to go talk to Johnny but Carmen asked if I would stay and help clean Miguel up. With my mom being a nurse/doctor I had lots of experience in the medical department. My mom taught me lots of things so that I could always be able to help someone if they were hurt. I grabbed a pack of wipes from the bathroom and wiped Miguel's makeup off while Carmen started to clean out his wounds. Miguel leaned into my hand as I wiped his cheek. Carmen cleaned out his wounds and had most of them bandaged up by the time I was done with the makeup. She started pushing lightly on his ribs asking if it hurt or not. For most of them Miguel would groan out in pain and Carmen would ask me to go grab an ice pack from the fridge. By the time Carmen was done with Miguel, he had a total of five ice packers pressed on various parts of his body.

"Ok, Mijo, you need to go rest," Carmen said as she ran her hands through Miguel's hair.

"Can Hazel stay?" He asked as I helped him sit up so he could go to his room.

"I don't see why not," Carmen said. "Just make sure your mom is ok with it." I nodded as Miguel stood up slowly. He half limped half leaned on me to get to his room.

"Let me go grab some clothes," I said.

"Just borrow mine," Miguel said handing me a sweatshirt and shorts.

Third Person POV

Hazel and Miguel both changed quickly (Hazel in the bathroom and Miguel in his room). Hazel came out of the bathroom as she put her hair up in a messy bun. Miguel thought he might die because of how she looked in his clothes. She looked so cute (in Miguel's opinion) and he couldn't stop himself from staring.

"Take a picture it lasts longer," Hazle joked as she walked over and sat on the end of his bed. Miguel turned beet red and looked away. "So where am I sleeping?" Hazel asked. Miguel only turned redder as he pointed to the spot next to him. Hazel chuckled and snuggled under the covers.

"Goodnight Miguel," Hazel said closing her eyes.

"Goodnight Hazel," Miguel whispered.

Hazel's POV

When I woke up feeling a tight arm around my waist. I turned my head and saw Miguel sleeping peacefully next to me, his arm draped over me. I smiled and absorbed the hug before slipping out of it carefully so as not to wake him up. I looked over at Miguel and saw he had lots of bruises and cuts from the night before. I frowned and shook my head. I was pissed at Kyler and when we got back to school I would definitely be talking to (or slapping) him. I sat down next to Miguel and started looking at his cuts. His eyes fluttered open as I gently pushed on one of his bruises.