Chapter 19: Dating Advice

Hazel's POV

"So, you practice karate with both my sensei and your sensei who happens to be my dad," Robby clarified. I nodded as I held my phone out in front of me. I was on a FaceTime call with Robby and we were discussing karate.

"And let's not forget that my two sensei's have an ongoing rivalry," I added.

"Wow," Robby replied, leaning back against his wall. I sighed.

"Tell me about it," I looked over at the piece of paper I had written out in front of me. Seeing it drawn out on paper made it seem crazier then it had when I first thought about it. I held the picture up to the camera and Robby studied it for a minute before nodding and adding something else.

"What about that friend of yours. The one you like?" Robby asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Miguel," I said. I had told Robby that I liked Miguel and I immediately regretted it after all the teasing and joking started.

"Yeah, him! Add him to the paper and then send me a picture of it," Robby said. I nodded and wrote Miguel's name on the paper before snapping a picture and texting it to Robby.

 I nodded and wrote Miguel's name on the paper before snapping a picture and texting it to Robby

(This is what Hazel wrote down)

"So are you going to keep it a secret?" Robby asked after he had received my text.

"What do you think? Your dad would go crazy if he knew I was training with Daniel. He would think I was betraying him. And I can't tell Miguel, he's too innocent and he wouldn't know how to keep a secret from Johnny," I said. "Wait, you can't tell them," I added.

"I'll keep your secret as long as you keep mine," He said raising his eyebrow for confirmation.

"Deal," I replied.

"All right sweetheart, I gotta go. My mom just got home and I can't let her know about my secret girlfriend," Robby said, winking at the last part. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"You wish Keene," I teased. After we said our goodbyes and hung up, I walked into the kitchen, where my mom was cooking dinner, Abuela was sitting at the table glaring at the kids, Jake and Peter were on their phones, and Marley was sitting on the floor playing with some toys.

"Hey, mjia. Were you on a call with Miguel?" My mom asked as I sat down on the couch.

"No, Robby," I answered.

"Another boyfriend?" Jake teased looking up from his phone. I glared at him.

"Oooooo. Hazel has a boyfriend," Peter said laughing.

"No. We're just friends," I said.

"Uh huh. That's what they all say," The boys replied while grinning.