Chapter 14: Making up

Hazel's POV

This morning I woke up to a phone call. I rolled over and grabbed my phone before answering while I pushed my bed head out of my eyes.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey, Hazel. It's Sam, did I wake you up? I can call back another time..."

"What? No! What's up?" I asked sitting up.

"Well... I um... broke up with Kyler..."

"Omg shut up! What?"

"Yeah."

"No way! What happened?" I asked. Sam told me the story about the movies with Kyler. Apparently, she had sen him bullying kids in the library and then when they went on a date he basically denied it say that he and the kids were all friends. Sam told me he was bullying Miguel, Eli, and Demetri and she told me that he tried to have sex with her in the back of the theater. When he started touching her she asked him to stop and when he didn't she pulled out some karate moves and stomped out leaving him there.

"Wow... I'm so sorry. How are you feeling?"

"I'm ok. I guess I just can't believe he was such a jerk and I didn't see it! My dad is very happy though."

"I'm sure he is. What do Yasmine and Moon think?" I asked.

"I don't know I didn't tell them," She said.

"Oh. Well, you don't have to. Do you want me to come over for comfort?"

"I would love that," Sam replied. I got a ride from my mom and basically spent most of the day at Sam's keeping her happy until my mom told me it was time to come home if I was going to make it to karate...

Miguel's POV

I'm not sure what Sensei said to my mom but he convinced her that I could do karate again. She came into my room last night and went over 1,000 rules and said that if I follow them that I could train with Sensei started tomorrow. Everything was getting back to normal except for the fact that Hazel and I still weren't talking. I tried talking to her at school a couple of times but she just closed her locker or packed up her lunch and walked away. Yaya just told me to give her time but I just wanted to be her friend again. So when I heard her come home this afternoon I finally worked up enough courage to go over to her house and talk. I walked over to her door, knocked and waited for a minute until her mom answered.

"Hey Miguel!" she said smiling.

"Hi, Ms. Lopez! I was wondering if I could talk to Hazel?" I said.

"Oh, honey um..." Ms. Lopez said looking behind her into the apartment. "Give me a minute ok? Wait here," She said before she closed the door. I stood outside for what felt like one hundred years until I heard talking, stomping, and then the door unlocked again and Hazel opened the door.

"What?" She asked like she was bored.

"I was wondering if we could talk?" I said. Hazle looked behind her glared at someone behind the door, rolled her eyes, sighed, and then closed the door and led me to a spot where we could sit and talk.

"What?" She said again.

"Hazel, I am really sorry for calling you a jerk the other day. It rude and I'm not sure what I was thinking. I was wrong to treat you like that. If there's anything that I can do to make this up to you, please tell me. I know that I hurt your feelings but I didn't mean a word I said. You are nothing like Kyler and I will never compare you to him again. Please forgive me," I gushed out in one breath. Hazel didn't say anything for a minute and I searched her face for any sign of what she was going to say.

"Oh, Miguel. Of course, I forgive you. I'm sorry for the way I acted, I probably overreacted a little and I knew you never meant it. I just needed a little time I guess," She said.

"Damn, that's what Yaya said," I mumbled.

"Well that Yaya of yours is very smart," She said chuckling.

"So, we're good?" I asked.

"Yes. We're good. Now tell me home many times you had to practice that apology before you got it right?" She said teasing me.

"Many times," I said sheepishly. "Oh, I almost forgot! My mom told me I could practice karate again!" I added.

"Miguel that's great! Does that mean you're feeling better?"

"Yeah, my ribs are still sore, and I'll have some bruises and I have to wear this bandage for a while but I am definitely better."

"That's good! And I have something to tell you!" Hazel said as we started a long conversation to catch up on what we had missed these past couple of days.

When I got to the dojo there was a lot of packed up stuff and boxes. Sensei must not have known I was still allowed to train. He came out of his office looking defeated but his eyes lit up when he saw us.

"My mom says I can train again," I said smiling.

"She did?" He responded.

"Yeah. I mean if we still have the dojo."

"We do for now. Who's the chick?" He asked referring to the girl behind me.

"This is Hazel. She's my best friend and she's gonna join Cobra Kai," I answered as Hazel smiled and looked down at the words 'best friend.'

"She lives in our building, right? And you were the one that found Miguel? I drove you home?" Johnny asked directing the question to Hazel.

"Yes sir. After seeing Miguel like that I thought it might be good to learn how I can fight back." She said.

"So can we start training?" I asked. Eager for Cobra Kai to have two students.

"Alright, but I need to know, are you ready to take things to the next level?"

"Yes, Sensei," I said nodding quickly.

"You got your ass kicked because you didn't have any defence, so I'm gonna teach you the best defence that you can know. And the best defence that you can know... is more offence."

__________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading! I can't believe I have 315 reads! Thank you all for enjoying my story enough to keep reading! I've got good plans for the next couple of chapters! Sorry, this one was much shorter! Please consider voting/comment if you enjoyed any of the story! Thanks!