0.5

Sam

I watched Eli sit with Demetri quietly watching Doctor Who.
"What's Demetris' favorite color?" I looked at Eli.

"Blue, like all shades." He nodded and turned back to his computer.
I shook the dark blue and light blue nail polish. I twisted the cap open and started painting Demetris fingernails. I kept glancing at how gentle Eli was being with him. I smiled to myself and finished painting his right hand.

"Can I come over and paint his nails?" I asked picking up the bottles.

"Oh yeah for sure," Eli smiled and gently laid his hand back down.
He paused the show and shut his laptop.

"I didn't know you could be so nice," I giggled.

"Shut up Sam," he blushed.

"I'm just saying," I smiled and pointed his other hand.

"He looks so cute," he smiled.

"I can paint yours so you can match," I offered.

"No, but. Okay one hand," he whined and sat back in the chair.

"Okay," I giggled shaking the bottles up again, "So any thoughts of Moon? Have you talked to her recently?"

"Oh uh, no." He shook his head, "There's someone else."

"What? Who share tell me!" I got excited painting his nails.

"I don't know though," he shrugged, "I don't know if they would feel the same way at all."

"Well anyone would be lucky to have you, what are they like?" I asked blowing on his fingernails.

"They're such a loser but in a cute way. They really like Taylor Swift." He shook his head, "I can't believe I like them."
Then it started to click inside my head who he was talking about.

"You don't have to answer this but do you like Demetri?" I looked up at him, Eli didn't seem like the gay type.

"Uh yeah..." he chewed his lip, "Can you not tell anyone?"

"Promise," I smiled and nodded. Well, maybe he was. An internalized homophobia thing started to make sense. The way he was scared of being seen as a quote on quote 'pussy' or 'soft' but I would stand by his side through it all.