0.9

Eli

I put my earbuds in and shuffled my playlist to try and catch up with some homework.
I hated how much school I was missing but going there was too much right now for me.
I missed Demetri so much, I mean I saw him every day. But I missed him blabbing about some stupid thing every day.
My mom came into my bedroom leaning against my door frame.

"Yeah, mom?" I looked up at her.

"Your guidance counselor sent over some college pamphlets," she walked over and set them on my bed by me.

"I'm sorry I just haven't been able to think about school stuff since the accident." I sighed looking at them.

"Eli it's time we start thinking about this stuff," she sat on my bed looking at me.

"Okay I just the SATs are coming up in the next few weeks," I sighed shrugging.

"I know but we have to start looking at the campuses and their classes, what you're going major in?" She named off.

"Okay I get it," I sighed and pulled up my computer.

"Are you still looking at Stanford?" She asked.

"Yeah of course," I looked it up and pulled up their website.

"Okay," she nodded leaning over to look at my screen. I rubbed my head and yawned.

"Mom," I sighed pushing her off of my bed.

"What hun?" She looked at me.

"I just need some time to focus on my current school work." I nodded and rubbed my forehead.

"Eli just keep up with your work," she sighed and left. I sniffed and laid back down. I was so tired of trying to focus on school while my best friend was dying in a hospital.