1.9

Demetri

I sat on the couch with Pumpkin watching TV waiting for Eli to come over.
My life was getting too repetitive, arm and hand stretches, sitting on the couch, having the same thing for lunch. Unbelievably it was exhausting, I sighed and rubbed my eyes with my left hand gently.
I heard the door open and smiled as I saw the red hair.

"Hey!" I smiled

"Hey," he sighed slugging his backpack on the grey chair. His face hit the sunlight and I saw the black eye, busted lip, and cheek.

"What the hell happened Eli?" I sat up a little bit more, Pain shooting up my back.

"Just...it was nothing," he sighed and sat next to me. I watched him pet Pumpkin, he barked. I wasn't gonna make him talk about what happened at school. I was a little disappointed that he did get in a fight. He kept his head down as I just couldn't keep my eyes off of him.

"Do you wanna watch Doctor Who?" I asked just wanting to make him feel better.

"I have to go to karate in half an hour," he sighed and looked at me. I frowned as I saw how bad the wounds did look.

"Eli," I shakily lifted my left hand and cupped his face, "Let me go get you some ice."
I started to gently slide myself off the couch.

"No Demetri it's okay I promise," he grabbed my hand. He gently grabbed my waist and sat me closer to him. My face was getting hot and red, I couldn't do this in front of him. I turned away so he couldn't see all the blushes every time we touched.
I fiddled with the sleeve of his sweater.

"So I see you're dressing more like yourself," I nodded.

"Yeah, you made me this sweater for my 15th birthday, remember?" He smiled looking at me. I looked at the red and white sweater he had on. It had some dried blood on the collar from what I assume was the fight from earlier.

"Oh I do remember it, Eli," I nodded my head and giggled. I just rested my hand on his arm. It was silent for a moment and it was perfect. I always wished things would go back to the way they were. When Eli was my platonic boyfriend.
I got snapped from my thoughts as my back started to hurt.
I grimaced and scrunched my eyes shut I couldn't even describe the pain.

"Hey, are you okay?" He looked alert as he watched me.

"Yeah just my back," I sighed and felt tears start to drip from the pain.

"Do you need anything?" Eli frowned and pulled the sweater arm over his hand and wiped my tears away.

"I don't think so? My mom should be home in like five minutes from the store?" I shrugged and leaned on him.

"Okay just let me know," he sighed. We sat quietly for five minutes till my mom got home from the store. Eli helped me take my scheduled painkillers.

"Okay I have to go, do you want me to spend the night?" He asked turning so he was looking at me.

"Eli you don't have to," I smiled and looked at him. I knew he just wanted to take care of me but it was starting to weigh back onto him.

"Okay," he kissed my cheek and my eyes widened and my jaw dropped slightly, "Okay I'll see you tomorrow."

I waved weakly, "see you tomorrow." My cheeks had to now be red and I could feel them heating up.