3.3

Demetri

Burt held a kicking target as I was regaining a lot of strength. I kicked it lightly and stopped looking at Eli and Sam as they sparred. I sighed as he just had a distressed look on his face.
I sighed, "Come on man," Burt was getting frustrated.

"Sorry," I kicked the target again a little bit harder.

"Do you guys wanna have pizza at my house tonight?" Sam asked stopping everyone from what they were doing. Everyone nodded and murmured some yes's and sure. Maybe I was gonna have to interact with Eli tonight.

"I gotta text my mom first," Eli nodded walking over to the dojo to get his phone out of his bag.
He had his shirt off and he was so hot.
We exchanged glances and he looked away quickly. I sighed and chewed on my lip and put my hand on my hip.

"I think you might wanna cut him a little slack," Miguel walked over to me.

"I just...I know, but I feel like he's just maybe facing some internalized homophobia. I don't wanna push him I'm letting him take his time." I nodded watching him text his mom and occasionally drink from his water.

   I walked into the LaRusso's behind Sam and Miguel. Sam sighed and set her bag on the bench by the front door. She walked into her kitchen and grabbed a banana from a bowl of fruit. I sat at the counter and leaned over onto it.

"Miguel can you order the pizza," Sam smiled brushing some baby hairs out of her face.

"Sure hun," he took out his phone and dialed the local pizza place.

I played with a pencil that was sitting out before I took a step in a helpful direction. Or so I thought, I grabbed my phone.

Demetri:
Hey, are you coming tonight?

Eli: yeah...why...

Demetri:
We need to talk. For real this time

Eli:
Ok.

I rubbed my eyes and took the water bottle from my bag. "Eli's coming"

"Okay," Miguel nodded and tapped the pen on the counter. I couldn't wait to talk to Eli.

Eli picked at his pizza and this was his first time doing his Hawk again since the accident. I took another bite and I excused myself to the bathroom and nodded to Eli.

I walked out onto the back porch waiting for him. I sighed and sat on the small stack of bricks.
Eli shut the sliding door behind him and stood a few feet away from me.
"Hey," I smiled looking up at him.

"Hi..." he rubbed his scar looking at the pool.

"I don't want to keep fighting with you. I want to be with you, Eli." I sighed clasping my hands together.

"I do to..." he stepped closer to me.

"Eli just. We can sneak around from your mom and stuff," I shrugged.

"Demetri I want to be comfortable and feel safe in our relationship. I just there's no changing her mind he sighed.
He ran a hand through his hair and sighed. Instantly returning his hand to rub his lip.

"You're gonna irritate your skin, can I touch you?" I asked looking my best friend in the eyes.
He took his hand from his face and nodded. I gripped both of his hands in mine.

"Eli it's all on your terms okay? You tell me when and what you're comfortable with and what you're not comfortable with." I explained to him looking him in the eyes even though he had a tight gaze on something in the corner.

"Okay," Eli nodded leaning into me and I held him tight. I just wanted to be with him forever. I knew he was my soulmate.