3.2

Eli

     Thinking about how I pushed Demetri made me hurt inside. I wasn't even sure why I did that it was beginning to hurt me how badly I was treating him.
How could I just tell the only boy I ever loved that we couldn't be together.
But it was Demetri's birthday and I had to do something. I had to find some way to get out of the house without my mom finding out.
I laid on my back staring at my ceiling finding any excuse.
I sighed and grabbed my phone.

Eli:
Can you please come to pick me up I need to see him?

Miguel:
Yeah, do you need me to park down the street or anything?

Eli:
Yeah just let me know when you get there.

I got up and walked to my bathroom staring at myself in the mirror. This was the first birthday that I didn't wake up to Demetri shaking me awake out of excitement. Since we met when we were 6 we were inseparable. I sighed and brushed my teeth then changed into some black jeans and a t-shirt.
I saw Miguel's text and slid on my shoes before climbing out my window. I gently slid down the roof and bit my lip on how I was gonna get down. I saw the trash cans and fell a few feet onto those and jumped down onto the ground. I sighed as I ran down the block to Miguel's car.
I got in and stayed silent, that was the first time I had communicated with him since the school fight last week.

"So what happened between you two?" He sighed and started his car.

"It was just nothing," I shrugged and shook my head.

"Yeah well, it was something big and important considering Demetri's been all sad and hung up on you." He raised an eyebrow as he started to drive.

"Okay," I frowned and sighed thinking about everything that happened.

"I'm listening," he nodded.

"Well uh, my mom saw the tattoos and I caved and just she doesn't think I'm gay. I don't know it just what am I supposed to do?" I shrugged and felt myself shaking.

"Eli..." he glanced at me.

"I don't know," I sniffed again.

When we got to the valley I helped carry some coolers out with beer and stuff in them. I was starting to think I may have a drinking problem. I grabbed a can out of the cooler right away and opened it.
I sighed and walked over to Demetri.

"Hey Eli, it's nice to see you here." He smiled nodding. I bit my lip trying to pick up social cues if he was serious or not usually he was more clear.

"I'm sorry about the way I've been acting my mom is making me reconsider my sexuality and whether we should be together or not."

"If it's who you are than you can't change that and your mom should accept you," Demetri was getting frustrated with me.

"Demetri! It's not that simple! You grew up in a loving home and I grew up with closed-minded parents. I'm sorry I don't wanna push it and get kicked out!" I snapped and slammed the rest of my drink.

"Eli, I'm upset with you because I just want us to be able to have a communicative relationship. Where we're both able to be mentally healthy enough to be together." Demetri sighed looking at me. He always knew how to say the right thing.
I ran my finger over my scar and sniffed looking forward knowing I couldn't look at him. I sniffed again walking off. It didn't feel right to be here and I couldn't bother Miguel to take me home all over again.

A/N: hi I canon Hawk as autistic as it was mentioned in season one and honestly makes a lot of sense. So do y'all want me to like include that more in this???