2.5

A/N: hey! Double update because I know some people have rough relationships with their fam like I do. So here's another chapter to maybe look forward for something today. <3

Demetri

I squeezed the hand workout thing my physical therapist had given me to start gaining back movement in my right hand. I sighed as I impatiently waited for Eli.
What was gonna happen? Was he gonna bail on me? Did he make it all up? Thoughts like that were circling my mind as I tried to stay concentrated on squeezing the thing together.

"Hey Demetri," Eli smiled.

"Shit!" I jumped and dropped it, "You scared the shit outta me."

"Oh sorry," he picked up the weight thing and gave it back to me.

"So earlier," I scooted myself up more so I was leaning on the wall against my bed. He sat across from me and looked down. I wasn't gonna press him to make eye contact for this conversation.
"And tell me to stop if you get uncomfortable," I nodded.

"Okay," he took a deep breath in and clasped his hands together, "I've uh liked you for a long time, Demetri. Whenever we had sleepovers and we would cuddle and talk the night away." He paused looking around my room for something to focus on while he spoke. He was never much of an eye contact kind of guy. "I Uh, you know that one time we kissed while stargazing. I would replay that moment over and over again because I truly did love how we connected."
The moonlight shining in through the window highlighted his red hair and pale skin. "I've always liked you more than a friend. I liked the way you'd willingly speak up for me and take care of me when I had meltdowns. Damn, I used to cry so much." He looked out the window and shook his head smiling.

"Eli," I took his hand with my good one, "I feel the same way."

"Y-you do?" I could start to hear the true Eli starting to come out of him. It made me happy to see it. He started to perk up.

"Of course I do, you're like my uh, soulmate." I blushed and looked down at our hands.

"Soulmate?" His lips curled making a big smile as he took both of my hands with his.

"Yeah," I giggled and ran my thumb over his scar and his lips. I gently pulled him in and kissed him. Our lips connected like puzzle pieces and the world stopped for just a moment.
Everything that was going on with me stopped and it was just us.