↠ stuck pt. 1

"...but you're not with him right now, right?"

Emily clenched her eyes shut as Kelly delivered the news over the phone. Carlos' favorite corn dog stand was shut down after the owner tested positive for Covid-19. He was to be quarantined two weeks to be safe. Meaning everyone had to quarantine for two weeks to be safe. 

Normally, Emily wouldn't see a problem with this. But she was with Carlos at the moment. 

"We're all in my apartment," she admitted, her voice quiet. Kelly hissed over the phone as the faint sound of Gustavo yelping echoed. 

"Moore, you and the dogs need to stay there," Gustavo said, taking the phone from Kelly.

"I'll just send them back to the crib now to quarantine."

"No, Griffin is serious about this. You cannot leave that room. He has some people coming over right now to secure your apartment." 

"Secure my–" She exclaimed, "Gustavo, five people can't live here for two weeks, especially the five of us! Griffin is overreacting, I'm not doing that."

"Great, thanks for understanding, Moore."

"Is Griffin staring at you right now?"

"Yes, I agree, Griffin is taking a reasonable and responsible approach to this situation." 

"Moore," Griffin's voice boomed. "I can't have word getting out that my boyband spread the virus. At RCM-CBT-Globalnet Sanyoid, we put safety over all else.

"Since when?" She grumbled under her breath. 

"There will be a padlock placed on the door. Any groceries or necessities you need can be delivered up to your window with a pully-system. You are each required to submit your symptoms and temperature every day. But have fun!

"Griffin, this is imprisonment," Emily cried, the boys perking up their heads from the couch where they were playing video games. 

"No, this is safety." 

The call ended. 

"Em, what's up?" Kendall asked, pausing the game. 

She sighed, turning to look at them with a solemn look on her face, "We need to talk," Emily said, sitting on the other side of her coffee table in front of them. 

"Are you breaking up with us?" Logan gasped. 

"What?" 

"What?" James echoed. 

Emily shook her head, "Carlos the guy from the corndog cart tested positive." 

Everyone's faces fell as Carlos grinned, throwing his fist in the air, "Yes!" Silence echoed off the walls as Logan caught on first what his confusion was all about. 

"Positive means he has it," Logan said. Carlos' face fell. 

"But I was there today!" 

Emily nodded, "Griffin know," she rolled her eyes. "We all have to quarantine for two weeks."

"Then we should get to the crib," Logan observed, being sat back down by Emily's hand. 

"Griffin is taking this overboard and doesn't want us spreading whatever might be in this room, thank you, Carlos," she sarcastically snapped. "So, we're being locked in here for two weeks." 

"What?" The guys shouted together. 

"How can five people live here?" 

"I don't have my helmet!"