2.14; girl group

When Emily heard a girl group was looking to join Rocque Records, she put on her best outfit to greet them. 

She loved the guys. She loved working with them, but every now and then, she felt I'd be a nice change to collaborate with girls. Especially on songs about romance. 

Kat's Crew was a three girl band. Gustavo had a poster printed up of them and hung it on the wall to get them excited about signing. Emily even offered her song up for them to sing. 

She finished I Know, You Know a few days ago and planned to have BTR sing it, but how many opportunities would she get for a girl group to sing her song as is without altering it for the guys? 

"We got something," Kat sang, letting the note trail off. Kat was the lead. The girls were only a bit younger than Emily and the guys, but equally as talented. Kat had dark curly hair flopped over to one side. 

"Ladies," Gustavo said, "that sounded amazing!"

"Uh, what is that?" 

Emily internally sighed as she heard the voice of James Diamond upset. She turned in her chair to see the guys looking in on the session. 

"And why are they singing our song?" The others demanded. 

Emily pursed her lips, holding up a finger, "It's my song."

"And that's Kat's Crew, my new girl group," Gustavo answered. "And it's not your song anymore, it's theirs."

The guys gasped, looking at Emily in betrayal. She avoided their gaze, casually staring at the cheetah print booties she had on. Kendall and Logan looked at each other. Then they ran up into the booth, pulled Emily from the chair and shoved her down the stairs where James and Carlos led her out and into the office.

"Woah, woah," she snapped at the hostility. She turned in the office as the guys piled in behind her.

"A girl group?" Carlos demanded. "And they get our song? We love that song."

"My song."

"And they get a poster and we don't?" Logan questioned. 

"And you dress up for them but not us?" James scoffed in disbelief. 

"We deserve an explanation," Kendall told her, crossing his arms. 

"Guys, they haven't signed yet," she told them. "Gustavo made the poster to get Kat Sweet and the Crew excited about joining Rocque Records. And thank you for noticing," she said, smiling smugly at James as she showed off her boots with ripped jeans. 

"Oh, so what you're saying is that Gustavo's already forgotten about us and he's moved on?" James retorted. 

Emily blankly stared at him, "You can't possibly have gotten that from what I said."

"Yo!" Gustavo announced, coming into the office. The guys turned as him and Kelly entered. "Big Time..." 

Emily's jaw dropped, "Rush?" She reminded him, knowing this only fueled the guys fire. 

"Right, well, kick back a while," he told the guys. "Kat's Crew is on fire and I wanna work with them a little longer and not you," he said exiting. 

James shrieked as the guys fearfully turned back to Emily for help. The girl just sat there, lips pursed in thought, and she stared intensely into the floor, hoping she could avoid questioning from them. 

Feeling them stare holes into her head, she smiled, lifting her head, "Well, more time for video games and hockey," she cheekily said, hoping they would get excited.