4.03; lies

With Lucy back at the Palm Woods, it seemed Emily was the only one 100% comfortable with her living so close again. Kendall did kiss her then immediately got back with Jo. And the guys are always team Kendall. What Emily couldn't get them to understand is there didn't need to be sides if everyone was cool with each other.

But that didn't change Kendall's paranoia. He had distributed radios to each of his friends and asked that they would keep constant lookout for Lucy until they figured out what apartment she was in so Kendall could avoid her. Emily told him he was being childish and she wanted no part in it.

Turns out she's living a few doors down from the crib.

Everyone was out at the pool seeing Lucy was working on her music on the other side.

"This is so awkward," Logan observed.

"I can't imagine what Jo must be going through," James said.

"I know. It's like Kendall's ex-girlfriend is literally living in between them," Carlos said.

"Guys, we're right here!" Kendall snapped from the pool chairs him and Jo were on in front of them.

"And anyway, Lucy coming back to the Palm Woods doesn't bother me," Jo told them. "See?" She gave a friendly wave to Lucy who smiled back.

Emily waved Lucy over to join them. The girl picked up her guitar, walking around the pool.

"Quick! She's coming over here!" James cried.

"Act natural," Carlos said.

Emily rolled her eyes, "Guys, did you ever think maybe she wants her friends back?" She looked over, seeing James pulling out a toy with a long string and a single ball, waving it around. "Why do you have that?"

"Hey, guys," Lucy greeted, sensing the awkwardness.

"Just acting natural," Carlos shrugged, doing jumping jacks. "Why did you move back in?"

Lucy sighed, "Look I didn't move back in to start any drama. My album's all about being strong and doing what makes you happy. And the Palm Woods makes me happy, so I'm back."

Emily smiled, giving her a supportive nod.

"Now that that's out of the way," James smirked, turning to his girlfriend. "Carlos and I are off to the studio. Why don't you tag along and we can, I don't know, make out?"

His friends rolled their eyes in disgust as Emily shook her head amused. "I'm doing a deep clean of my apartment today," she reminded him.

Logan's eyes perked up, "Ooh! Can you do our bathroom?"

The girls scoffed looking to Logan accusingly, "Dude," Lucy judged.

The guys sheepishly looked off, "It's bad," they told the girls, defending Logan's eagerness for someone to fix their situation.

"You have hands and a brain don't you?" Emily remarked, telling them to do it theirselves.

Kendall sighed, "My mom said she wouldn't and we had to," he explained.

"One cup of coffee for every hour you spend," Carlos offered, smiling.

"An extra shot of espresso for each time I throw up," she countered.

The four boys glanced at each other, exchanging short nods of agreement as Jo and Lucy watched Emily in bewilderment how she was letting them do this.

"Deal," Logan smirked, holding his hand out. Emily leaned forward, firmly shaking it.

"Alright, goodbye," Emily nodded. "I'm off to work," she formally skipped turning, waving at Lucy.