movie; act two

"Get in the van if you want to live."

Emily's breath hitched as she kept her eyes trained on the gun, slightly shrinking back behind the guys. 

"Yeah, what if we want to live but don't want to get in the van?" Logan winced. Emily gasped, hand over her mouth as Logan was shot with yet another dart, crumbling to the ground, "Not again."

"Getting in the van!" James cheered as his friends hauled Logan up and carried him inside. 

The interior had traces of blue lighting and filled with equipment of sorts. The woman sped off, distractedly conversing with James as she tried to escape the Swedes. Kendall put a pair of goggles over his eyes, looking at Emily. He shrugged when they did nothing and took them off. 

Carlos reached in a compartment. Emily slapped his hand away, "Dude, no." She jumped, crouching on her knees as James fell backwards, being punched by a boxing glove from the front of the van. She gaped at Kendall, looking for instructions on what to do now that two of their friends were passed out. 

"Swedish agents approaching fast."

Emily and the two boys peered over to the dashboard, hearing an automatic voice. "Did the van just talk?" Carlos asked.

"Oh, bravo, Captain Obvious."

Kendall scoffed, "Um, did the rude van just talk?"

"V.A.N. behind us!" The girl shouted. Emily turned, seeing a shallow image of two guys on a bike through the darkly tinted windows. 

"Might I suggest a nice oil spritzer," V.A.N. offered, the screen revealed a red button. Emily mumbled questioning thoughts as the girl pressed it. A light rumbling came from the van before distant screams ran out, slowly dying. 

"So, did that do anything?" Emily wondered. Her heart leapt out of her chest as the van shook and a loud explosion hit her ears. "Okay, yes."

"And that's twice I've saved your lives today," she remarked, unbuckling. "You, take the wheel," she nodded to Kendall. Emily shrugged, waving at Kendall to hurry and grab the wheel before they crashed as the girl crawled to the back of the van, inspecting the backpack. 

"I hope you can drive better than you sing."

Emily scoffed, gaping with Carlos in offense. "Okay, how do you turn this thing off?" Kendall muttered, pressing random buttons. 

Carlos gasped, gripping Emily's shoulder, "This is just like my dream. It's all coming true."

"No!" Logan shouted, sitting up besides Emily, regaining consciousness. "It's not!"

"Oh, hey," Emily commented, nodding at Logan. 

"Where's the Beatles, huh? No where. And the princess is perfectly safe," Logan retorted, Emily shaking her head at her character's mention. "Unless, Shoot Me Girl is Eleanor Rigby or Rita the Lovely Meter Maid, then you stop with your stupid dream."

"I'm Penny," she answered, taking off her sunglasses, "Penny Lane."

Emily let out a small whine as Logan slid down, uncomfortably laughing. 

"I'm Diamond." The boy popped us, smirking at Penny, "James Diamond." Emily rolled her eyes. "And I think we got off on the wrong foot."

"It was a boxing glove," she corrected. Emily stiffed a short laugh, knowing she would like her. "And my father is MI6 Agent Simon Lane, who borrowed my backpack yesterday to sneak whatever this is out of a lab owned by Sir Atticus Moon."