4.04; bonus

Being a pop star pays well. With all the tours, meet and greets, songs, top hits, and for Emily, it paid her just the same. 

Being an independent, Emily had access to all her money, but never used it. Gustavo still paid for rent and necessities, so she broke into her wealth when she felt like splurging or treating herself. 

For less than obvious reasons, the boy did not have access to all their money. 

Sitting with her legs curled underneath her on the leather couch in Gustavo's office, Emily tapped her pencil over and over again on her notepad, struggling for song inspiration as Kelly and Gustavo reviewed studio bills. Suddenly the door burst open, Emily looked up seeing the four guys storm in, arms crossed. 

"We want money!"

"Forget it!" Gustavo quickly remarked, ignoring the guys. 

"Why not?" Carlos disappointingly cried. 

"We've earned it," Kendall pointed out. 

Logan nodded, "From our sold out concerts and record sales..."

"And what about that foreign commercial we did last month?" James mentioned. 

"Well, you can't have your money because Griffin puts it all into an account that you can't access until you're 21," Kelly told them, striding out of the office, with Gustavo in line. Emily got up in amusement, following her boss out. 

 "This way it's safe and secure and you dogs can't waste it on stupid things," Gustavo said. 

"We wouldn't do that," James shook his head. 

"Sure you would," Griffin debunked, coming out of the main studio. "Because you're young and stupid."

Carlos gasped, "That is not true!"

"Your hand in stuck in a vase." Sure enough, Carlos' right hand was trapped in a plastic red vase. 

"Yeah, well that's Carlos," Logan shrugged. "But the rest of us are very responsible."

"You all have vases on your hands."

As the boys sheepishly tried to free their hands, "Well, then why does Emily get access to her money?" Kendall pointed out. 

"She's an independent," Kelly said. 

"I'm responsible," the girl in question reminded them. 

"She's not stupid," Gustavo retorted. 

"And she does not have a vase on her hand," Griffin chimed. The man stared intently at the guys, before humming to himself. "Tell you what, I'll give you each a $5,000 bonus–"

Abdul, Griffin's assistant, opened the black brief case, revealing stacks of $100 bills. "You just walk around with all that money?" Emily mumbled in curiosity. 

"–If you can prove to me that you haven't wasted it by 5:00 tomorrow afternoon, we'll talk about access to the rest of your money," Griffin told them, tossing each guy a stack of cash. 

Logan and Kendall shared a glance, "Challenge accepted."

James beamed as Carlos gasped, staring in awe at the money now in his possession. "Now, if you'll excuse us, we have an afternoon of being very responsible with our monies," James smirked. 

Back at the crib, Logan, Carlos, and Kendall stood in front of James, dumbfounded as he excitedly presented a bright yellow python slinked around his shoulders. 

"You bought a snake?" Kendall questioned. 

"It was only a $1,000," James assured them. "Besides, it's an investment in love."