4.06; tour bus

Just a short tour around the country for the new album was finally winding down. They were driving from Phoenix. The past three days the guys were somehow late to the show, forcing the opening act, Victoria Justice, to shall for an obscene amount of time. 

Normally Emily would fly with Kelly and Gustavo and stay in a hotel the night before while the guys were traveling via tour bus, however, after they stopped to play hockey, found a mummy, and got arrested, Gustavo decided it was best Emily stay on one of the buses. 

There were two buses: the Blue Bus and the Brown Bus. It wasn't a rule, but Kendall and Carlos had been on the brown bus the past few days and James and Logan on blue. The guys had been secretly drawing straws to decide who rides with Logan. Logan was a bit uptight on tour. The Blue Bus was spotless, always full of healthy snacks, outfits already set out, guest soaps, and everything first class on a plane would offer. It set the other guys off a bit. 

Emily planned to stay on the blue bus that night anyway, knowing she was guaranteed to be treated like a VIP. Even better, not for him, but James drew the short straw again and would be bunking with Logan. 

They were nearing San Diego and James was getting more and more annoyed by the minute. Emily sat with him on a soft couch, curled up, leaning her head on his shoulder as he furiously stabbed the keyboard on his laptop. 

The screen flashed, a picture of Kendall appeared, wide eyed and starring off screen, "What? I'm having a staring contest with Carlos while waiting for Jo."

"We can't take it anymore. We want to switch at the next stop," James whispered harshly. 

"I'm fine where I am," Emily shook her head, pulling the soft wool blanket only guests were allowed to use Logan set out for her. 

"Each bus has two bunks, so one of us has to ride with Tour-Bus Logan, and you drew the short straw," Kendall said. 

"James, did you use the guest soap?" Logan shouted from the bathroom. "You know that's for Emily!" 

"Pretend you're napping and he'll leave you alone."

Emily held back an amused smiled as Logan peeked out of the bathroom, stalking over to them. he leaned across Emily to put his face next to James', looking at the computer, "Are you using up all of our minutes?" 

"Q-Quiet! Napping," James stuttered, beginning to snore as he fell to his side. 

Logan took the laptop from James, turning it off. He turned to Emily, a bright smile, "Let me know if you need anything," he said like he was her butler or something. Emily nodded, pursing her lips. 

As Logan left, James' eyes snapped opened, "I thought you were napping," Emily said sarcastically. 

James sighed, turning onto his back, his legs propped up on the couch, "It's funny. Now I want a nap," he told her. "We're still a few hours from San Diego," he pointedly tells her. "Are you tired?"

She shrugged, "I don't know, I slept kinda nice last night–" Emily started to say, seeing James frowning at her. "Oh, you want me to be tired."

He nodded, smiling, holding his arms open. Emily playfully rolled her eyes, pushing her legs out from under her to stretch down the couch, James letting his fall too. She laid down beside him, letting her head fall onto his chest, curling into his side as his arm draped over her. 

Once Emily was passed out, James was still getting there. He spent a little extra time awake taking pictures of them on the couch together while his girlfriend drifted off. Logan slowly appeared in front of them, kneeling on the ground.