4.05; cameo

With Big Time Rush in the spotlight, the next step for them was staying in the spotlight, and for Gustavo, that meant booking them on countless tv shows for cameos. 

They'd done a show about crime fighting with animals, deadly cupcakes, and a sloppy game show that left the guys filled with slime in their ears for days. Emily knew the guys were over it. Not only did it take up a lot of time, the shows Gustavo kept booking weren't great. They were either strange, boring, or dangerous. 

Gustavo had just hung up, finalizing the deal for their next cameo, and the girl knew they weren't going to take the news lightly. 

Gustavo pushed back from his desk, "Okay, let's go get the dogs."

"What? This is happening now?" Emily questioned, following her boss out of the office and down the hall towards the break room. 

"It's a surprise cameo," Gustavo whispered giddily. 

Emily uneasily glanced at Kelly who tugged her notebook close, helpless shaking her head. 

"Dogs!" Gustavo cheered, walking in. The guys stopped the foosball game and James hopped off the counter, "I have some big news."

"Please tell us it's not another cameo," Kendall sighed.

"I hate all of you!"

"Guys, if we're going to stay in the spotlight we have to stay on radio, magazine covers, and TV," Kelly reminded them. 

"Gustavo, we love you," Carlos told him, "but we're not leaving the studio to do another cameo." Emily internally sighed.

Gustavo sighed, "All right, you don't have to leave."

"You're already in one," Emily winced, trying to give them an assuring smile. The guys frowned in confusion as the door burst open, a flood of children running in with big smiles, laughs, and tasers. 

Emily gasped, a hand covering her mouth as the kids shoved the tasers into the guys. They collapsed to the ground but that didn't stop the kids. 

"Gustavo! Do something," Emily snapped, fearfully watching the guys get electrocuted. Seeing no initiative from the producer, Emily ran out of the room, ducked under the couch in the lobby to grab the spare water gun Kendall stashed after he and Logan were ambushed. The girl ran back in, holding the water gun up at the kids. "Alright! Step away from the boys," she warned them. 

The kids screamed, running out the door they came, without Emily having to lift a finger. She smirked in surprise, putting the water gun on the counter before bending over to help Kendall up. 

He groaned, holding up a hand to stop her, "You could get shocked."

Logan shook his head, "That's not how it works," he groaned, collapsing into Emily's arms, tugging her close, his body jolting every few seconds. "Thank you."

She rubbed a hand up and down the distressed boys back, looking over her shoulder to give a pointed glare to Gustavo. 

"Can Emily take us home?" Carlos cried from his face plant position on the carpet. 

"Yes," Kelly insisted, cutting off Gustavo who no doubt was ready to say the opposite. 

Emily grabbed Carlos and Kendall's hands, hauling them up, leading them to twitch slowly out of the studio following Logan. Her hand moved up and down her boyfriends shoulder who collapsed dead in the chair. 

"Am I dead?" He asked.

She sat him up, pulling his legs over the side back to the ground, "Not yet," she told him, helping the boy to his feet, holding his arm as they left the studio.