2.17; prom kings

Prom season was upon them.

And the Palm Woods didn't have the budget to throw a prom for the students. That's where Gustavo came in.

Emily was flattering him all morning while the boys got the speech ready. They had just finished the final product of Nothing Even Matters when the boys showed up.

"You are such an amazing producer," Emily gushed as she walked out of the studio behind Gustavo and Kelly.

"Thank you?" Gustavo said, taken back by her sudden need to fire compliments at him. Gustavo stopped when he reached the lobby to see Big Time Rush before him, each wearing a tux. "Well, this should be interesting."

Emily smiled to herself as Logan played the triumphant, inspirational music from the boombox.

"All over the world this month, teens are participating in a right of passage," Kendall told them. "And that passage is simply known as Prom."

James and Carlos grinned, pulling out a corsage and flower pin, stepping up to place them on Gustavo and Kelly. The two looked over to Emily who grinned at them, nodding to keep listening.

"The dance of all dances where boys and girls come together in rented clothing and dresses their parents are terrified to let them wear," Logan presented as the boys simultaneously straightened their bowties.

"Mr. Rocque," Carlos addressed, "We've given you over a year of our lives to pursue pop stardom." The boys nodded in sync. "Now please, don't make us give up that magical, magical night of dancing," they danced, "smooching," puckered their lips, "and prime rib."

"The one night where a simple boy from Minnesota," James swayed, pointing to himself, "can become a king! Now we beg of you Gustavo Rocque, will you give us the gift of prom?"

"Good speech," Gustavo shrugged.

Emily and the guys all muttered "yes" to each other.

"Aw," Kelly said, "I remember my prom, and they deserve one too, and oh look, a letter opener," she threatened.

Emily nodded at the boys, knowing they had this in the bag.

"Fine, I'll pay for your prom," Gustavo groaned.

"Yes!" They cheered as the opening to Big Time Rush started playing.

"Uh, oh. Oh, oh," the boombox played.

"Wait, why uh oh?" Kendall asked.

"It's the boom box," Carlos sighed.

Logan started hitting it, trying to get the song to stop playing. "I can't turn it off."

"Just hit the button on the left," Emily advised.

"Shut it off!"

"It won't turn off!"

***

"Well?"

Emily and the boys stood before the Palm Woods kids who all waited to hear whether or not they were getting their prom.

"He said yes!" The five of them exclaimed, having the room erupt in applause and cheers.

The Jennifer's gasped, "We need dresses!"

Emily's eyes widened as the dove out of the way to avoid being trampled by the mass of girls plowing out of the lobby to go dress shopping. The boys did not. The girl winced as the guys climbed to their feet, all turned around, and groaning in pain.

"Are proms supposed to hurt?" Logan cried.

"So, should I go rent a tux or...?" Steve asked Camille.