3.11; rescue

One of the best parts of being famous, was having social influence. 

And having Big Time Rush at a dog adoption fair meant all the dogs were going to be adopted. Emily was excited. 

The girl opened the door to the crib, letting herself in as James called for Carlos, "Let's go! We're going to be late for the Doggie-Doption fair!" 

She giddily skipped in, beaming with excitement to spend the day with puppies. "Who's ready to save the puppies..." she sang. Seeing one member was missing, "Where's Carlos?" 

Logan hummed, looking over his shoulder at Emily standing in the middle of the entry way, "Oh, he's probably putting on a new shoulder sweater so Jennifer can pull him around on her leash."

Emily sighed, frustrated with the guy's negative comments about Jennifer. Jennifer was always a friend, and they always got along, and even if she was absorbing all of Carlos' free time and attention, she hated hearing them talk about her that way. 

Ever since the camping trip when Carlos "rescued" her and Jennifer from "jail" and Jennifer kissed him, they'd been exclusive. The pair spent lots of time together, upsetting the guys. What upset them even more, was how Carlos was rapidly changing for his new girlfriend. He'd skip out on water gun fights, hockey in the street, and stopped eating corndogs. 

"Guys," Kendall sighed, siding with Emily, "It is his first girlfriend, so maybe we should give him a break." 

Emily turned seeing Kendall's gaze drop behind her. Carlos came out of his room, jollily tugging on the pink sweater her tied over his shoulders. "Okay, break over," Kendall mumbled to the guys, staring horrifically at their friend. 

Carlos winced, "Yeah, I'm not going to be able to make the adoption fair. Jennifer doesn't like dog hair and I might get some on my sweater."

The girl's jaw dropped, narrowing her eyes at the boy, "This is work, Carlos," she reminded him. 

"We're finding dogs homes," Logan reminded him. 

"There's gonna be puppies there!" James exclaimed. 

"Puppies?" Carlos gasped. "You're right. I'm going."

The door swung up, Jennifer strutting in wearing a swimsuit with a beach cover up over her body. She gave a tight smile to the boys, waving to Emily as she turned to Carlos, "Carlos. Come with me to the pool in case I need you to do things for me."

The boy stuttered apologetically, "I gotta go with the guys."

Jennifer frowned, swirling her finger in his face, "But I want to be with you."

Carlos snapped to his friends, "Bye, guys!" He waved. Jennifer lead him out, pulling on the sweater around his neck. As he left with his girlfriend, Emily widened her eyes, calling after him.

"Carlos, this is a band thing. We need you ther– he's gone," she sighed, turning back around, crossing her arms as Kendall turned to the boys. 

"New plan: You two go rescue the dogs, and we'll go rescue the Carlos," Kendall said, motioning to him and Emily. 

The girl shook her head, "I will not," she told them. "I told Kelly I would be there and I'm going to be there."

Kendall sighed, "Fine, then Jo and I will rescue the Carlos."

"Done," the three agreed. 

***

Emily spent the entirety of the adoption fair feeling guilty. Big Time Rush was promised to be there and two of the four showed up. If dogs didn't get adopted, she felt like it was because the whole band didn't show.