↠ couple goals

"Hey, Em?"

Emily looked up, seeing James filming her on his phone. She groaned. 

Recently, James decided he and Emily could dominate the social media world by showing off what an amazing couple they were. He took to TikTok and had been posting Emily's responses to trending questions for those in relationships. 

"What?" 

"Would you still love me if I was a worm?" 

Emily just stared at him, nothing behind her eyes. "Why?"

"Just– would you still love me?" 

She sighed, "Did you turn into a worm after we fell in love?"

James blinked hard. "What does that matter?"

"Well, if you've been a worm this whole time, then it's likely you froze to death years ago in Minnesota while the band and I were kicking here and we had no idea this worm existed."

"That's a horrible thing to say!"

"I'm sorry," Emily laughed, "do you think Kendall, Logan, and Carlos found a worm one day and made it their new best friend and brought it to L.A. to join a boy band and Gustavo said, "yeah, that's what makes a good pop group?'"

"Okay fine!" James shouted. "I turned into a worm!" 

Emily sat back in thought, "How did it happen?" 

James shut his phone off, "Forget it."

***

"Hey, Em?"

"I swear–"

The five of them were hanging out in the break room at the studio while Gustavo yelled at the sound board. Emily was trying to play foosball with Kendall when James' phone was blocking her view. 

"Is this another TikTok question?" Logan asked. 

"Shh," James shushed him. "This is a good one."

"We'll see," Emily mumbled, blocking Kendall. 

"Emily," the girl sighed, looking up to stare at the camera. "Would you kiss my best friend to save my life?"

"Yes."

The room went silent not only at Emily's immediate response, but at the way she went right back to the foosball game, scoring a goal. She looked up when Kendall didn't try to block her to see them all staring at her in shock, and James in offense. 

"I take it that wasn't the answer you wanted."

"You would kiss my best friend?" James exclaimed. 

"To save your life? Yes, no question."

"That's so sweet," Carlos hummed. 

"I don't like how eager you sound," James told her. 

"To save your life?" Emily asked. 

"To kiss my best friend."

Emily bit back a smile, "Alright, let me ask you a question, who is your best friend?" 

The three guys turned to James who went white. 

"Uh–"

"Is it a hard question, James?" Logan asked, arms crossed. 

"Yes, Logan, it is." 

"I can't believe you didn't say me," Carlos gasped. 

"I didn't say anyone! You're all my best friend."

"James, you're going to die if you don't pick a best friend," Kendall said smugly. 

James turned to him, "Fine, Kendall, then who's your best friend?" 

"My life's not at stake."

"Cool, so let me know your decision as soon as possible so I know how to save your life when the time comes," Emily nodded, leaving the four to argue alone. 

***

James gave the camera a double thumbs up as he set it against the mirror to record him and the door to the bathroom. He lifted his watch, preparing to start the timer. Today, James was going to time Emily's response time. 

James screamed as he pressed the stopwatch, crying out in pain. "Oh my god!" 

"You okay?" Emily asked from outside.

James only screamed more. 

The door finally opened, a confused and concerned Emily peeking in. James glared at her, shoving the time in her face. "20 seconds!" 

"That's a nice watch."

"It took you 20 seconds to get here," he repeated. 

"And?"

"What if I was dying? What if I was being attacked? Do my cries of anguish mean nothing?" 

Emily crossed her arms, "Last time you screamed like that,  you ran out of hair gel."

"What's your point?" 

***

So... it's been a while? I had no inspiration i'm sorry. 

how are y'all? i miss you and i love my new friends. i love seeing people discover this story

i saw btr in concert twice this summer and it was fucking incredible