1.13; terror

In the middle of a perfect day I'm tripping over words to say.

The boys had guitar dude playing along to their new song as they sang for kids at the Palm Woods around a fire at the pool.

Emily stood opposite the pools, swaying along to the music with Jo, swinging one another around.

The screeching of something on concrete slowed the singing to a stop and everyone hesitantly turned to see a pool table dragging itself across the concrete, with the doors suddenly slamming shut on their own.

Everyone, with the except of Emily, Kendall, James and Logan, jumped up, screaming hysterically, madly running around, trying to get inside to safety.

Emily hopped off the ledge she was standing on, crossing over to the remaining boys once the crowd had fled.

"That was weird," she hummed, barely fazed.

"Really weird," they all agreed.

She sighed, knowing the jam session had ended, "Well, good luck with Carlos tonight," she told them, walking off to go up to sweet 3J.

"You're not coming over for dinner?" Kendall asked. The girl had made it a habit of eating in the crib.

She shook her head, knowing they were right behind her, "I have salmon upstairs waiting for me from Gustavo's meeting," she told them, so happy with her meal waiting for her.

Walking past Bitter's desk, a figure jumped out from behind it, screaming, and grabbed onto Emily, arms wrapped around her.

"Ghost!" Carlos wailed. "Help me, ghost!"

The boys jumped at first, then seeing the black helmet, rolled their eyes in annoyance.

Emily jumped at the sudden contact, "Oh my god, dude!" She yelled.

Emily turned around, the attached Carlos as well, facing his friends, giving them a helpless look of "get him off."

The three of them all made small moves, then changed positions, until they all faced the facts that she might have to wait him out.

"You're probably better off letting it be," Kendall winced.

Rolling her eyes, Emily started walking towards the elevator. "Carlos, there's not a ghost," she told the boy.

"Yeah, man."

"It's all good."

"No ghost."

The boys all said as they compiled in the elevator together.

"Unless there was, and he wanted to say hi," Emily said, smiling to herself.

"Really?" James asked, looking at her.

Stopping at floor 2, Emily shoved Carlos off, the second he let go, running down the hallway into their apartment.

"Thank you for that," Kendall sarcastically said, the boys all following after their terrified friend.

Emily, laughing time herself, waved goodbye, riding up to her salmon.

***

By time Emily had eaten, showered, watched a documentary, and checked her phone again, she had 20 text messages all lined up.

One from Kelly telling her Gustavo's mansion flooded and he's sleeping in the crib.

9 from James begging her to come down and get rid of him.

4 from Carlos about the Gustavo situation, and one follow question about the ghost.

4 from Kendall complaining.