57.

Derek POV

If it wasn't for Rosie right now I would go over that conniving bitch house holding her by the throat and squeezing the life out of her.

If she didn't went to this extent I would have gotten rid of her tonight but because she went to the media I can't deal with her. It would be suspicious if something happens to her now and all finger and blame would be pointed at Rosie.

Shit. Rosie doesn't deserve this shit right now. Not the backlash that she's going to get from the media and people. I'll make sure to deal with that good for nothing woman.

I should have dealt with her when she came to my house causing trouble. I see now, she isn't intimidated by words or maybe she is just stupid.

So you want to play games. I can play too you better be ready to play it hard. I'll do anything for Rosie and her baby.

"Get me Tia Rollin information," I ordered.

"It'll be on your desk by noon," the person answered. I ended the call there getting into the car leaving the hospital after visiting Rosie.

When I returned to the office after a afternoon meeting I found an envelope on my desk. It didn't surprise me when I saw the brown thing waiting for me to open it because I know that Justin work efficient and well. He had never handed in wrong information about a person it was always on spot and never too late with the information.

I've been relying on Justin for years now to get me information when I want and on who I want it on. He never questions me no matter how absurd or stupid my request might sound he always gets the job down.

I opened the envelope taking out the white paper with black ink.

.
.
.

Rosie POV

I wasn't confused while I lay there in the bed because I knew I wasn't in the guest bedroom at Derek's but in the hospital. The smell of the hospital was all I could smell. It's antiseptic, a little bitter, with undertones of the artificial fragrance contained in soaps and cleaners invade my sense of smell as sleeps escapes my body.

There was light behind the curtain when I opened my eyes so I knew it was morning. Derek left that night with promises of making things right and I shouldn't have to worry about Tia but focus on recovering from giving birth.

It was hard for me to relax, I was uneasy, on edge and wanted to see my baby. I thought I was going to go crazy with no news. Anticipation was eating away at my nerves and all I had was those negative thoughts of what ifs.

Leading me to cry messing up Derek's shirt because he was holding me and in that moment he felt like my buoyant that won't let me sink into this deep ocean that wants to swallow me down into it depths.

Life has gifted me these unfair and unfortunate situation where my happiness can only last in my dreams and even sometimes they are plagued with nightmares. And every time I find it in reality life as a way of twisting turning it into another one of my nightmare.

Can life get any more cruel to me? So vicious in giving me all this heartache. Such pain could kill a normal person but me I was broken to begin with. How more broken can I get? Lost?

I felt like broking down but all I felt in that bed is nothing. I was numb for the first time to all the pain. To think I thought life would smile at me. I was just overcoming and moving forward from the past looking forward to the future with my son. But what is there to look forward to? When I don't know if he'll survive.

Where is mercy when I need it now? Where's the light at the end of the tunnel when I need to see it? Now in stuck in this darkness and the tunnel only seems to extend more and the light is more out of sight until it feels like it's going to disappear forever yet I keep running after it.

Is this my fate? To stay in the dark forever.

"Rosie." That's my name who's calling me.

"Huh?" I answered

"Rosie are you okay?" The person asked and they sounded concern.

"What?" I asked blinking.

"Are you okay you've been laying in bed not moving staring at the ceiling for minutes now and when I called you, you weren't answering me, do you want me to call the doctor," he made a move just to do that but I stopped him.

"No, no I'm fine I was only thinking."

"Thinking about what? I told you not to worry I'm taking care of everything," he said taking my hand as he reassures me.

"No I just want to see my baby." Nothing else matter right now on my life all I want to do is see my baby boy.

"Okay but you need eat something first

"No I just want to see my son." I was adamant on seeing my son.

"You need to eat first to gain back your strength." And he was adamant on making me eat first.

When he didn't shift on making me leave the room to see my son I just ate the breakfast that he brought for me. When I was finished and he was satisfied that I ate enough he had a nurse bring us to the NICU.

And there my baby was, my little boy was in an incubator when I should have been holding him in my arms in two months. Instead I'll be viewing him through this glass for three weeks while he undergo several test.

The nurse reported that he'll be undergoing several test in the coming week and that I'll be able to hold him. And so for the next five days that I was in the hospital I would go down first thing in the morning after being told to eat first.

Derek always visited me no matter if he was very busy or not and have banned me from social media and I was only allowed to call on an office phone. So I guess the media is flaring up with all sorts of questions and answers with their own opinion on what actually went down.

And if Tia is cruel enough to tell such a lie I won't think she will spare me and never talk about my past. I can't put it pass, I know she'll do it knowing it will hurt and cause more trouble. Can't believe I was best friend with her? I was so blind but you never know someone until you know someone truly. I just knew she's going to cause trouble just to make me miserable.

She did said she doesn't want me to be happy and the happiness she saw me with that I had she'll take it away.

But what she doesn't know is that I'll be happy no matter what because my son is alive. Even though he's in an incubator I still got him here with me.

And when I held him in my arms I felt my world coming together and I knew with this new life in my arms that I'd do anything to keep him safe and ensure he never suffer as much as I have suffer. I can't say he won't suffer because you have to suffer just a little bit in life if not you're not living. At least that what I think and what I'm going through because it always reminds me that I'm living.

On the fifth day there was no need for me to stay at the hospital anymore so I was discharged.