62.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I need to go get my son," I told him leaving but he pulls me back.

"Rosie," he said my name firmly his grip tightening. I bite my lip looking to where I know the exit to the restaurant is. "Tell me what happened."

I sighed knowing I have to do as he says and tell him so he can let me go and I can go get my son. "I can't let her get my son," I told him.

"Who?" He asked his brows coming together.

"Tia."

"What?" He almost shouted when he heard the name and his confusion quickly turned into anger and disgust.

"Please let me go I need to get my soon

I didn't know that I started crying until his thumb started wiping away the wetness from my cheek.

"Don't cry," he said his composure quickly change to comfort me.

He pulled his wallet out of his pocket putting down the amount of money he thinks will cover the bill.

He held my hand leading the way out of the restaurant. I thought we would have to wait for his car to pull round but it was already there.

He opened the passenger's door for me closing the door before running around the front, he gets in the driver's side.

As soon as the car stopped outside of the hospital I didn't wait for him to open the door for me before I jumped out of the car rushing into the hospital.

Derek wasn't far behind when I got into the elevator. He closes the elevator door once he gets on. When we got to the nursery and the incubator I breathe a sigh of relief. He was still there sleeping.

I touched the incubator kneeled before it resting my forehead on the surface. I kneeled there watching his chest go up and down.

"I won't let anything happen to you, I swear to protect you with my life and everything I got," I whispered.

Before I could think anything else or say something I was pulled up from the floor and wrapped in arms that have been my anchor. I don't know when it happens but he has become my stronghold because every time I'm falling or feel like falling it's there to catch me.

"I'll protect both of you," he whispered. I sink into his words and his arms leaning back into his chest.

I don't think I'll find another place like this to relax and let my worries go. To know that I'm secure. For the past few years, I've never felt so safe with someone. I had Josh but I had my doubts and I felt that it was better than nothing.

I know I should be wary of him especially since I've been hurt by his kind but he gives me a different feeling than anyone can ever give me. That feeling I'll follow because it's the feeling that you get when you can trust someone.

.
.
.

It didn't take much to convince me to come and live with him because it was reasonable. I now know that Tia will go to any length to get what she wants and it's safer to stay here with him. Knowing that I'm here will put him more at ease. She wants everything I have which isn't much. I only have my son and Derek, they are the closest to me and I can't bear to lose either.

There was a knock on the door then it opened. Derek entered walking over to where I was standing watching Kenzo sleep.

"What are you thinking about?"

"I can't lose him," I said looking away from Kenzo glancing at him. "He's all that I have, he's my everything, the reason that I don't want to give up, the reason I'm still fighting."

"And you're not going to." He paused for a second before speaking again. "I've scheduled a conference meeting to clear everything

"Will that work?" I asked turning away from my son giving him my full attention now. I thought he would have handled this long ago. You know the way those bossy and possessive Ceo does in those stories. But no, he did get rid of her by suppressing her and using his money to get rid of her.

"Sure." There was so much damage done to his reputation and mine and because we stayed silent people believed all her lies.

"Do you have a plan?" I asked leaving the room so we can talk more.

"Of course, I always have a plan," he said smirking.

"Then why did you let her have her way for the past few weeks? Didn't all these rumors being spread affect your business?" I asked the question that has been bothering me.

"That's what you're worried about, not in the slightest, the only thing she did was make it more interesting. She just there for amusement but since it affects you so much it's time I put an end to it and she's taking this too far."

"So you could have fixed this a long time ago and you didn't?" I put my hands on my hips giving him a disbelieving look.

"Yep."

"And Tia wouldn't have gone this far if you had intervened?"

"Yes, do you think she has that much power that I couldn't destroy her? She's crazy I can tell you that. She would have been stubborn and hard to deal with traditionally. Just had to give it more time and her more time. There will be no coming back from this when I'm done with her."

I rolled my eyes. "And the plan is?" I can't believe he let this get this far but he let her talk her lies. Now I'm looked at as a homewrecker in people's eyes. I can feel their judgemental looks whenever I'm out. But I'm not going to blame him. The only thing I feel like doing to him is smacking him upside the head for delaying.

Can you believe this guy? She went this far because he thought she was amusing. What was amazing about it? Because I didn't find it amusing.

"Tell the truth. I have set up a conference meeting for tomorrow to clear things up." He was very confident that this will work but I have my doubts. This has been going on for weeks and we didn't try to defend ourselves.

"Will that work? Do you think they'll believe us, believe me? After taking this long to give them answers." I told him my doubts.

"Don't worry, everything is going to go exactly how I plan it," he said reassuringly.

And I believed him. Now I just have to wait and see.