11.

After that night and others to come he broke me piece by piece. He did this over and over again always finding to do it as a punishment even when I haven't done anything wrong.

It happened so many times I forgot how much time he raped me over and over again. I started to careless. I started to fight less. He was putting out the light in me and he didn't know. I didn't know how to light it back again.

Every time he would rape me and I look in the mirror I could no longer recognize myself. I was no longer the person I was. My eyes bright green eyes were dim. My skin looked pale like I haven't seen the sunlight in days and I was getting slimmer.

I am far from return. I am broken beyond repair and every time it happens I spend hours in the bathroom trying to get clean because I always felt dirty but no matter how many times I bath and bath I still felt dirty.

I started keeping my distance from Mrs Williams and I will always make sure to hide from her in the crowd. It broke me too to let her. The only person in my life I could trust. She was like my mother to me.

She made me laugh. She made me happy in those past few months and I don't know why I am avoiding her like the way I do. Maybe I don't want her to see me like this.

I wanted to be strong in front of her but I knew I didn't have the strength to do so so I stayed away from her. When it was getting harder to go to her class and she talks to me but I don't talk back so I would sometimes avoid going to her class.

It was my seventeen birthday but I didn't feel like celebrating it. I felt so dead inside. It's just a day I wish I wasn't born so I don't have to go through all this pain. I feel so empty inside. I feel so bruised and used. I feel like I am no one like I am not worthy of living.

"Grace! Grace! Can I talk to you for a second?" I knew it was Mrs Williams calling me but I walked faster down the hallway. "Grace!" She was shouting and running towards me to catch me up. I would run too but that would look stupid so I continued to walk faster and faster.

I didn't walked fast enough. I thought when she finally caught up to me and grabbed ahold of my hands. " Grace." She said breathlessly. "I'm sorry did I do something wrong ?" She asked worried and confused.

"No Mrs Williams. It's just me. I can't be friends with you anymore and I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier." I said to her sighing.

"It's okay I just wanted to see if you are okay and give you this." She said taking something out of her pocket.

"What for?" I asked.

"It's a charm bracelet and i wanted to give you it for your birthday." I was shocked when she said this. I can't believe she remembered my birthday.

"Thanks Mrs Williams and I'm sorry you didn't have to buy me a gift but I can't take it it's too beautiful." I told her.

I don't believe something as beautiful as this could belong to someone like this. I don't deserve it. I don't deserve her kindness.

"It's okay take it I insist and it's rude to turn down a gift on your birthday." She told me smiling but sadly for me I couldn't return that smile. I lost the will to smile a long time ago when he broke every will in my body to be happy. This is the first time I am talking to some in months and it's been awhile since I spoke words. The only thing I have done these days is cry my self to sleep.

"Thanks Mrs Williams." I took the bracelet from her hand.

"Are you okay Grace?" She asked.