44.

It was my cries that filled the room that no other words could. My wound bleeding out in the open. The strength I had failed me and the one thing I tried not to be in front of him I did. Vulnerable.

I did not want him to see me like this. I wanted him to see my strength but instead he saw my pain and weakness. My hurt and disappointment.

I smell his regret. It's potent stench flowing through him in waves. My pain clear in his eyes as it kills him too. He's hurt by seeing my hurt. Something he caused and don't know how to take away or make it better.

He doesn't know how to put a bandaid over my bleeding wound or how to stop it from bleeding. He thought the distance between us would have made things better between us. It onky my made it worse.

I wasn't asking him to fight a battle for me. I just needed him. Could it have been my fault that I went through all this pain because I ran and I hid? But could I have really ran and hid from him when he could find me at his finger tips?

I didn't change my name or have my face cut and piece to look like a different person and moved to another state. I was right here under his nose waiting for him to find me.

The only thing I did was moved out and bought an apartment. I don't think I could've stayed there where I was stabbed in the back and front because they did it behind me before I saw it in front of me.

I wiped at the river going down my face trying to stop the flowing but it's never ending. I sniffled wiping my nose on the back of my sleeve.

I'm tired of crying but why won't they stop coming down on me like rain. I was so concentrated on trying to stop crying that I didn't hear the front door opened and closed until someone called my name.

"Rosie?" It's Derek. I didn't want him to see me like this. He has seen me like this for too many times and it's still embarrassing.

I try to wipe away all the tears and the runny nose. So I could look less awful or like I'm crying. "I'm in here." My voice was scratchy from the crying. I cleared my throat.

"I brought us take out because I didn't feel like cooking tonight we can eat it and watch your favorite series." He offers as he comes into the leaving room only to freeze at what's in front of him.

Me sitting on the sofa with face and eyes red from all the crying. I knew he could see the wetness on my lashes if he couldn't figure out why I looked like a mess.

"Why were you crying?" He asked concern then his eyes turn to the other person in the room. He regarded him with narrowed eyes.  "Why were she crying?" He asked him then stares at me. He must have seen something in my glossy eyes before he curses putting down the take out on the floor.

"You bitch." He was marching over to Josh fist clenched at his side. "I was doing a good job keeping her happy and now you show up and make her cry. She doesn't need you." He said the last part through gritted teeth.

Josh looked calm but I could tell that he wasn't not with the ticking in his jaw. He glares at him his gaze softens when he looks at me.

"Are you okay?" I nodded. "Did he hurt you?" I shake my head no. That didn't stop him from checking for visible injuries.

"What are you doing here?" He asked returning to Josh to once again glare at him.

"I came to see my girlfriend," he said nonchalantly like it's the obvious. This causes Derek to scoff.

"Girlfriend? She hasn't been your girlfriend for the last three months or more since you cheated on her."

"That's none of your business." Josh spits.