31.

"What took you so long?" Mr Wesley asked as soon as I was in the lobby and in his sight.

"A random woman wanted to have a little chat with me." I said walking out of the hotel and into the waiting car that was waiting for us when we got outside.

"How did your little chat go?" He asked eyeing me for what I don't know.

"Well she wanted to know if I knew the guy I was dancing with. I told her no. I found it strange that she would ask me if I knew the guy. I only danced with him once and she had the idea I knew him from one dance." I looked out the window then at him to see him looking at me.

He laughed shaking his head. "You have no idea." He mumbled but I heard him.

"No idea of what exactly?" I asked cause this whole thing is confusing.

"You're lucky that woman didn't attack you then ask questions later." He said glancing out the window a sober look on his face.

"Attached me? For what? What did I do to get attack by a woman I don't know?" Questions went flying out of my mouth wanting to understand what I really got myself into and why someone more like a random girl would attack me.

"She saw you as a threat and a real competition. If I were her I would attack you too after seeing you flirting with a bachelor like him." He was more like talking to the window than me even though I still can hear him.

I let his words settle in before I spoke but I was still to confuse to know what all this meant. I am no threat to the woman in that place all of them is way sexier than me and gorgeous and I bet none of them have a messed up past.

"Could you please stop working around what I really want to hear." I told him. There was a pause in the air then he finally looked from the window to me.

"Rosie look at you, you're beautiful and your damn sexy even I find you hard to resist, which woman wouldn't be threatened by you." He said in all seriousness looking me in the face his eyes meeting mine and if it wasn't in the back seat of a dark limo I would be able to see his full face but all I got was the outline.

If he wasn't my boss I would be blushing red right now with my face on fire but I only felt uncomfortable. He's still my boss a boss who just called me beautiful and sexy in one day. Something he has never done.

I wonder what gave him the change of heart and mind to invite me to this outing and to be concern about my well-being.

As long as I've been in a relationship that's how long I've been working for this man and he haven't compliment me on a job well done or be as nice as he is now. He doesn't even say thank you. So why would he suddenly calls me beautiful and sexy.  My walls went up in an instant ten times thicker than before.

It was when that relationship end did his mean self disappeared. Not fully he's still mean as the day I met him. I think the only reason why he hired me was because he was tired of the women at work coming on to him instead of doing their work.

The other fact is that I didn't find him attractive and I would never sleep with him. Of course I told him this and he decided to test it. It didn't work I just found him to be arrogant and irritating.

That still doesn't change I still find him as such. Turning away from him I look out the window watching bright buildings passing by. This place is beautiful but it hides all the ugly things in the dark.

That's just the way of life. There's no such thing as true beauty and my idea of true love as been shattered and stepped on. The one time I thought I was in love, that someone truly cared for me.

But they both lied and cheated now I don't know how to trust not when my trust have been broken in the worse way possible...twice.

Who can I really trust?

Why am I still holding on?

Now that my demons are back because they were never gone buried deep in me. I can never be okay.

But for you I will. My hand unconsciously rest on my little bump. I can't give up. I can't let my demons drag me down.

The car came to an abrupt stop telling me that we have reached our destination. I stepped out thinking we stopped in front of the hotel I'm staying in instead we stopped in front of his house.

"Why are we here?" I asked turning around to him face him. 

"I'm not going to let my date sleep in a hotel room when she can stay with me." He said walking towards his house.

"Mr Wesley I'm not your date I only accompany you to this social because it was my job." I reminded him of why I was with him at this function in the first place.

"Can you please call me Derek?" He requested. I fold my arms and raise a brow. He sighs. "I prefer you call me Derek."

"I'll stick with Mr Wesley thank you. Now can you take me back to the hotel cause as much as how I love this dress I want to get into something comfortable." I wasn't going to call him by his first name that's too causal for me so I'll continue being formal with him.

"I'm afraid that won't be possible." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"And why not?"

It took a while for him to answer. "I had your things picked up from the hotel and brought here while we were out so you things are in your room." He told me continuing to walk to the front door.

"In my room? Is that so?" I asked following behind him.

"Yeah?" He answer unsure like he wasn't the one who told me my things were in a room that he says is mine.