8.

He was looking at me and I didn't like that the look it made me feel uncomfortable and naked. He released the tight grip he hand in my hair and it felt sore.

I avoid his gaze and picked up the broken pieces of glasses and throw them in the bin. I went to the storage room to get the dustpan.

He was still standing where I left him and he was watching me closely. I tried to avoid his eyes but I could feel his eyes burning my body and it not a good feeling. It's never good when we were in the same room.

It's not safe being in the same room with him because I don't know when he will pounce on me. I can never feel safe in the same room with him. When I was finish cleaning up the pieces of broken glasses and the water from the floor I put back everything to where they were.

I made my way to my room. When I was at the middle of the stairs I felt his presence behind me making me walk faster. I was at the top of the stairs ready to run to the safety of my room when he stopped me.

"Grace?" He called my name and I slowly turned around to face him. He was looking up while I was looking down on him.

"Yes Dad." I answered warily.

"You're still my little girl right?" He asked. I was taken aback by this and I'm sure there was shock on my face.

"Yes Dad." I answered because it was the only response I could formulate.

"You know I love you right?" He asked another question that I was sure if I wasn't holding onto the stair railing i would have fallen over. What he loves me? But what father (step) father loves their daughter (step) and beats them and when he feels like touch inappropriately.

A lot of things was running through my head at the moment but I had to go with the answer he wants. I always have to always give him what he wants.

"Yes Dad." This is the only way I could answer these questions.

"And I'm sorry for hitting you like I did downstairs. I was just having a bad day and I'm sorry I took it out on you. I'll never do it again. Do you trust me?" He apologized and I wasn't shock because that would be an understatement if I did. I was confused with his sudden behaviour and my brain was running wild.

His questions were knocking my off my feet and I suddenly forgot that I needed to get away from him and lock myself in my room.

"I know Dad." I said avoiding his last question.

"Goodnight Grace." This was another unusual thing he does.

"Goodnight Dad." I replied and run to my room and closing the door.

I crawled into my bed and under the cover with a million thoughts running through my head. It would not stop so I could go back to my bed. The last thing I remembered before it got tired and I fell into darkness is: Am I looking for a non abusive life here with him and does this mean he as change and this will be different for me and us?

I woke up with someone touching me in my sleep. I didn't know who was in my room and why they were touching me but I didn't like it and my heart started racing.

I was about to scream when a hand covered my mouth. I was panicking and I didn't know what to do. From the rough hands I know it is a male that is in my room touching me.

How did he get in? My window is closed and the door is locked so how did he get in. I was full blown panicking. Does dad knows that someone is in the house and in my room.