18.

I was crying in the car at the memory. We had been through alot and he just threw it away to be with my best friend.

I wanted the pain in my chest to go away but i know it never will and i will have to live with it. I will have to live with that fact that i shot and killed my best friend and boyfriend.

And another thing i will have to live with is running away from the law with my child. That isn't an environment i should be having and growing my child in but i made that choice when i killed two innocent, harmless people.

I put the car back into drive and drove off. I stopped at the gas station for gas and a snack and also to use the ladies room. I was too lost in my thoughts to take in my surrounding. It was too late when i realized the cops has already found me and was checking the car that wasn't mine but for the man that i had shot and kill.

I didn't try to run i just walked up to the car like I have done nothing wrong and i had nothing to hide.

"Officer is there a problem?" I asked casually like i didn't know what they were searching for.

They all turned and looked at me. One nodded with their head for them to keep searching while he turned to talk to me.

"Is this your car Ms?" He asked.

"Yes." I told the truth i thought about lying but how would that help me maybe it would put me into more trouble that I am already in.

"What's your name?" He interrogates me.

"Rosie Johnson. What's the problem sir?"

"Are you aware that your car fits into a murder case. It was seen driving out of the drive way minutes after the persons in the house murdered." He explained.

There's no point in hiding that i am the killer. They would eventually find out and chase me down and lock me up.

"Fine i did it. I killed them." I told the officer in front of me bluntly. I can't take it anymore it's killing me. The officer looked at me with wide eye like what i said shock him or it could be the fact that i admitted to a crime that was being investigated and if i plead my case enough and act innocent maybe I could have gotten away with.

I wasn't going play chase with the cops. I wasn't going to play the cop or the killer. I don't need anything more on my plate.

I started talking like i was crazy. "You want the gun here." I said digging into my for the deadly weapon. He backed away with wide eyes. I realized how i was holding it like i was going to shoot him. I rolled my eyes and help it away from me with scorn by the handle.

Another officer slowly took it away from me with gloves and place it in bag.

"Do you want to know how I killed them if you weren't on the crime scene or no one told you? I shot him in the heart and i shot her in the head. Do you want to know why i did it?" I said laughing. "She was my best friend and he was my boyfriend. You see it was our five year anniversary together as a couple. I was in the hospital because of a minor accident thanks to a thief. It was one of your fellow officer who brought me to the hospital and he made sure i was alright unlike my cheating dead boyfriend."

"I never got to thank him but if you would be so kind to tell him thanks I'll appreciate it or maybe i would see him you considering where i was going." I know i was talking crazy. They all were listening to me like i was a mad woman questioning if a person like me could commit such a crime.

"When I got home from the hospital thinking i would come home to my all so loving boyfriend with candle light dinner and a proposal at the end. I come home to him fucking mg best friend in my bed. In our bed on our anniversary."

"I know you must be wondering why i had a gun. I didn't at first when i came home. I thought i was being robbed and there wad an intruder in the house. You would think the same thing if you were me if you came home one night with all the lights turned off and muffled noise coming from upstairs."

"I know you must be thinking "why didn't you call the police?" I wanted to make sure i didn't alert the authorities if it was a false alarm because i wanted attention. I would look stupid and embarrassed so i decided to go and check it out myself but i wasn't gonna go up there unharmed so i went into his office for the gun he keeps at home for safety reasons."

"I would had preferred it was what i thought it was and not what it really was. I was shocked, i felt broken then and hurt but all of that turned into anger and i needed answer. My intention wasn't to kill them. I was thinking my mind was clouded with my emotions. There was alot of things revealed that night. You can say i didn't like it. There was just somethings I wished had kept buried. They pushed me to the edge they forced me to kill them."

I paused the started retelling what happened.

"He gave her the ring that he was supposed to give me that night. She revealed mg secret. They both betrayed me. I was carrying his child and he did that to me with my best friend. I was disgusted by the two. The one i love and and the one i trusted hurt me the most. I know you must be thinking that what I am saying is no reason for killing them but i don't think you understand where I am coming from. You'll never understand until your girlfriend and best friend sleep together behind your back for four months."

"I was supposed to sit in a corner with my child while the both of them gets married and live happily ever after. The happily ever after that i should have got in my story."

"He knocked me up. Cheated on me then wanted to get married to the one he cheated on me with. He broke my heart so I shot him in the heart so he could never love anyone else with it."

"She was my best friend. I stand up for her when everyone would criticise her. I was there for her when all her ex boy friend hurt her. I helped her with her problems. I told her a secret that i have never told anyone before. And all i get is a stabbed in the back and she mocked a passed i could not prevent. And for all that i shot her in the head for being stupid, for sleeping with my boyfriend and more importantly for breaking a promise that she promised she would never tell to a living soul but she told my boyfriend."

"And there you have it i killed my boy friend and my best friend forever." I said concluding my story.

I looked around me to see gaping officers. Their mouths were all opened like a fish out of water. Their eyes were also wide as they stared at me in shock.

I could have made a run for it but i am tired of all of this so I walked away from all the gaping fish and wide eye deers to one of the squad car.

The closing of the door seemed to bring them back to earth and out of their trance.