65.

"What are you talking about? And who is that guy? Why did you bring a stranger on stage? To lie for you. "

"Along with your acting skills that you've gain you seem to have lost your memory. But let me reintroduce you to Josh my ex boyfriend who you slept with for four months behind my back." I could feel their eyes on me taking every word out of my mouth. "Isn't that right Josh." Josh answered with a yes.

"So why don't you drop the act Tia." I made eye contact with her and she glared at me. "Or you're not satisfied you want me to show the world more evidence of your affair, I mean affairs."

She sneered at me her pathetic look gone showing her true form. The camera zoomed in on her. She dropped the look returning to normal.

"So what if I lied? It's not like you're not also a lie." I knew where she was going with this but I didn't care my past doesn't affect me anymore. I was prepared for it. Knowing Tia, I knew she wouldn't let this opportunity pass to tell everyone watching and present about my past.

Does she think she'll have the effect she wants? Does she think people wouldn't listen to me anymore? Just stare at me with disgusts and scorn. I'm a victim which many woman or man are. I know I'm not the only one who had a past like that. A past we try so hard to hide to escape from.

Trying to use that against me isn't such a good idea but she was never one to think things through.

"You're a fake, do you think changing your name would change the person you are? It doesn't change you past. You'll still be that dirty girl who killed her step father," she sneered. The audience exclaimed in gasped and loud whispers.

She was satisfied by that fact so she continued. "You got blood on your hands. Am I right Grace?" Tia smirked thinking she win.

If it was then and not now I would be panicking about my past being brought to the light in front of so many people here and the ones watching. But that was then, I've come to terms with my darkness. She doesn't know that it no longer affects me the way it use to.

"You're right about everything, Rosie is not my real name, well its not the name given to me by birth but it's my name now. And I did kill my step father." There was no emotions to be seen on my face. Tia was staring at me looking to see if she had reopened mg wounds.

Those in the audience who were frozen in shock started conversing among each other no doubt whispering about me. I could feel Derek eyes on me but I didn't look in his direction. He's given me enough strength. I need to show him that I'm strong enough, I can get through this. I'm grateful that he's here to support me.

"My given name was Grace Hardie which I later change to Rosie Robinson because I thought it running away by changing my name and state would ensure that I never remember my past but I was wrong. It always followed me were ever I go."

"I was at my lowest when I revealed my past to Tia. I was battling demons, nightmares plagued my night, I was restless. Tia who I thought was my best friend, who I could trust I finally opened up about my past. She acted like she cared, she cried with me cursing my dead step father to hell. How could I have known she'd used it against me? Reopen wounds that took so long to heal."

"I trusted her which was a mistake. I always had your back Tia." I wiped at a lone tear. "I was sixteen living with my step father after my mother died. She trusted him to take care of me so she left in his care as my legal guardian. I didn't know my father, never seen him in my life, I don't know his name because my mother never mentioned him. The only father I had was my step father."

I took a deep breath. No one moved I don't think they are breathing listening to my story. "I was sixteen when the abuse started, I didn't have anyone to tell but who would believe me. On the outside he showed he's being the best father but behind close doors he would hit me, especially when I resist..." It was hard talking about it, to get the words out but I did.