Chapter 9: Master Plan

(Third person)

A young man was walking down an alleyway in London.

A dark, creepy, abandoned alleyway.

But this young man had no fear of the narrow street. He looked behind him; no one was following him.

Though he may not have had a fear of alleyways, he did have a fear of getting caught. He did not want to go back to the place he came from.

His clothing was unusual for a casual pedestrian. Because he wasn't.

He had his hands in his shallow pockets, fingering the items inside.

One was a thin cold metal object. A large spoon, caked with mud.

The young man smirked; the police didn't expect the criminals to escape with one of the oldest tricks in the book.

The other one was a pocketknife. He only planned to use it to threaten, but if worst came to worst...

The man continued down the alley, checking the numbers on the doors.

23... 24...

The next house was not blocked by black rubbish bags, or old furniture.

An man stood in front of the door.

This man's clothes were also unusual.

He wore a black robe and a purple cape. You would think he was some sort of magician, one that you would see at a children's party.

The magician man smiles when he sees the young man. He was pretty elderly; he had wrinkles and receding grey hair.

"Come in." he told the young man.

They entered the house, it was set out like a granny flat.

They sat down at the small dining table.

"Now." The magician says, opening his laptop. "We didn't talk for too long when you called."

"No, we did not..." The young man says, not knowing how to address this wildly dressed grandpa.

"The Wizard." the 'wildly dressed grandpa' says.

"No, we did not... Wizard." The young man says awkwardly.

"So what do you need my help with?" The Wizard says.

"A... A girl."

The Wizard doubles over with laughter.

"Maybe you should have called a dating helpline!" The Wizard says, laughing harder after his joke.

The Wizard finishes his laughing attack and returns to his serious and creepy personality.

"Really, is that all?"

"No."

"Well, then?" The Wizard says impatiently.

"This girl named Beth... Well, I really want her. But she's got another guy... Joseph. She's pregnant... Probably already had the baby by now..."

"And they all lived happily ever after." The Wizard says in a high pitched fairy voice. Then he drops back to his normal pitch. "It sounds like a nice love story, but what does this have to do with crime?"

"Joseph earns about £346k pounds a month."

The Wizard's eyes widen; almost popping out of their sockets.

"What does he do to earn that?!" He asks.

"He's a YouTuber. So is Beth."

The Wizard's face turns to sorrow, and he stares out the tinted window up at the sky.

"Um, Wizard?" the young man says.

The Wizard comes out of his weird 'staring competition with the sky' and speaks.

"What do you want me to do?" he sighs.

"I want you to take the child. And hack into their bank account."

The Wizard has an unreadable expression.

"Beth will come and find her baby, and she will agree to marry me to get her child back. And she will promise to no longer go near Joseph. But leave that stuff to me." The young man continues.

The Wizard starts to stammer. "But... What about the child?"

"It will not be harmed. Just as this pocketknife-" the young man says, holding up the pocketknife (causing the Wizard to swallow) "-is just used to threaten, not to hurt."

The Wizard stares up at the sky again.

"What will I gain?" He asks.

"Half the money."

"Three quarters."

"Fine.

"And if you get caught, I will blame it on myself." The young man says.

The Wizard hesitates before holding out his hand to shake the young man's.

"I realise I never caught your name." The Wizard says, still shaking.

"John. John Spencer."

John smiles one last time at the Wizard, then forwarding out the door, he steps onto the pavement, to continue down the alleyway.

______________________

I had written a scarier and better version but it deleted!! 😁

(Most of you know that by now :D)

Don't worry, no one will be harmed or murdered.

:D

MissPolarGirl