Chapter 5: Dreams Coming True

Sqaishey's POV (I will do Stampy's POV for a few chapters later on... Hopefully!)

"Orphanage?! You told me that Blaire and Penny were with Netty!" I almost yell, panicking.

"They are with Netty. This has nothing to do with them." Stampy says.

"Then why the hell did you get a call from an orphanage?!" I say angrily, but with a softer tone this time.

"Well, you know your friend who John killed... Katie?"

"Yes?" I say nervously.

"Well, apparently the baby's she was carrying was transferred... It survived."

I remember my dream; now it all made sense.

But something worried me about what Stampy said. And I found out a few seconds later.

"Beth, Katie wanted you to be the mother."

Stampy never calls me Beth, unless he is really angry, upset or stressed.

I put my head in my hands. I don't know what to do. 1 more child for Stampy to raise up?

"And it's a boy. Named Charlie apparently."

A boy? Well, Stampy wanted a boy...

"It's up to you, Stamps. You're the one who has to raise him." I say as calmly as I can.

"They won't accept pemission from me. It has to be you, apparently."

"But I'm stuck here."

"They can't keep you here, you have a right to do anything as long as you don't hurt others... That will get you into trouble."

I think it over. I will go to the orphanage and adopt- I mean- pick up Charlie and then give Stampy the rights to him.

"Do you want this, Joseph?" I say seriously.

"I want it." He replies.

"Then let's check out of here. We have an orphanage to go to."

Stampy's POV (Well, this is sooner than expected!)

Katie died about two years before Sqaishey gave birth, and so that makes Charlie a 1 year old.

The orphanage looked creepy, the exterior walls a dark oak timber, and the windows smeared with dust.

The woman who owned the orphanage matched the old house she worked and lived in.

"What do you want?" She says rudely, with a hint of a New York accent.

I was suddenly reminded of Annie.

"I'm Beth and this is Joseph, and we're here to pick up Charlie." Sqaishey says.

"You said on the phone he was left for us by a young woman..." I add.

"Well, come in, but we need to hurry up." She says impatiently.

We shuffle into the kitchen past the orphanage lady, and into her office, following her.

"Ok, I'll fill out the paperwork and you go find the little rascal."

Sqaishey and I walk upstairs, hoping that's where the children are.

And we see a small girl about the age of 7 walk by near us.

"Excuse me?" I say to her. She turns around startled by the sudden voice, then she seems to recognise it.

"Stampylongnose?" She says in disbelief.

I nod and she looks at Sqaishey by my side.

"Congrats on the babies by the way. Why... Why are you here?" She says.

"We've come for a toddler... Charlie?"

The girl stands there for a few seconds and stares, before bounding down the hall with her blonde hair flowing behind her.

We quickly follow her into the room and we see about a dozen children, who all stare at me and Sqaishey. I ignore them.

"Where's Charlie?" Sqaishey says in a small voice.

The small girl we saw walks towards us with a small baby in her arms and passes him to me.

I look down at the baby lovingly.

"Well, thank you." I say, before we both head back down to the office.

The orphanage lady; who we found out her name was Miss Johns, handed us the paperwork which we signed, and soon we were walking out the door with Charlie in my arms.

I pass him to Sqaishey, as I have to drive.

When we get back to the hospital, Sqaishey asks me a question.

"So what are you going to do with him?"

"I'm probably going to take Penny and Blaire home with me as well. I need to practice looking after them on my own."

Sqaishey nods and walks off into the hospital.

Dialling Netty's number on my phone, I hold it up to my ear.

"Netty? Well, slight change of plan. I'm going to be looking after Penny and Blaire."

And Charlie.

_______________________

OMG! It was so funny looking at all your comments.... 😂😂😂😂

Also, I hope you don't mind that I made Charlie the boy name! But Blaire and Charlie are going to be best friends still! :D

Hope you enjoyed!